Dwight Howard says he would step into UFC octagon… for $10 million

Nov 7, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT

Dwight Howard AP

There are plenty of fans in Los Angeles and Orlando who would pay to see Dwight Howard get his a%& kicked…

Well, the price tag is $10 million.

Howard was backstage at a UFC event in Houston and was asked if he would step into the octagon and he said yes — For $10 million.

The USA Today blog For The Win had his quote (via Eye on Basketball).

“I would get up there and fight. If I get knocked out, I get knocked out,” Howard said. “I’ll get back up one day.”

(UFC president Dana) White immediately interjected. “I want to do that pay-per-view when you’re ready, man,” he said.

Tall, kind of gangly fighters coming off back surgery tend not to fair well in the UFC, so I could envision that going poorly for Howard. Very poorly.

But for $10 million…

Howard did say “eventually” and it’s safe to say actually doing this violates his NBA contract. Don’t expect this to happen soon. Sorry Lakers/Magic fans.

1. skinsfanwill - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:16 PM

His butt would get killed in there. His feelings aren’t the only thing that would be hurting when he eventually wakes up.

2. skids003 - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Yeah, right. He would take a dive after one punch, that is, if he didn’t get knocked out. These dudes are you, he wouldn’t last 30 seconds no matter how hard he tried.

3. dls612 - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Other than the basketball court the octagon is another place I would love to see him get his butt kicked! Priceless!!

4. benjamincharlesparho - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:29 PM

“$20 million if they make me fight Kobe.”

5. spthegr8 - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM

& He would get put too SCHLEEEEEEEPPPP!!!!!

6. JHathwell - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:34 PM

This would be topic #37 on the list of things Dwight uses to distract people from talking about how he single-handedy torpedoed the lakers entire season last year.

7. phillysports1 - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I’ll pay $100 to see danny granger fight Lebron .

8. spthegr8 - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM

@Kurt
    Why do you think every Laker fan hates Dwight??? I BLEED Purp and Gold & I hold no I’ll will towards the man. He did what he thought was best for him. How can you dislike somebody for that??

• Anoesis - Nov 8, 2013 at 1:18 AM

“Plenty of fans” =/= every fan. Kudos to you for holding no grudge against a guy who lied his ass off to get out of Orlando without ever having the intention of staying in L.A. I would suggest, however, that you bring along a street-wise friend the next time you buy a car.

9. jjpt4540 - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM

We should get a kickstarter for this. I would love to see someone kick the crap out of the prima donna.

• asimonetti88 - Nov 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Yes, let’s get a kickstarter to give a millionaire $10 mill.

10. nickeb108 - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Can somebody get a fund started for this? I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard to find 10 million people to donate $1/each to see Howard get beat down.

11. spacemaker101 - Nov 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Just saying I would get knocked out for 10 mil.

12. doc305 - Nov 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Who the F would not take 10 mil!! To do pretty much anything… Give me a couple hundred grand and I’ll jump into the ring with my hands tied behind my back..

13. ufools - Nov 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I’ll bet Laker fans and players could cover this 10 million….

• Anoesis - Nov 8, 2013 at 1:15 AM

We already paid almost twice that to watch him screw up our team. Even though any Laker fan should get free admission to see Howard get his over-rated ass whipped, I wouldn’t walk across the street for it.

14. Anoesis - Nov 8, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Looks like Howard should be worrying more about winning games against his former team than getting his sorry ass kicked in an octagon.

15. granadafan - Nov 8, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I would not give one cent to Dwight Howard even if it meant he got his arse kicked.

16. deesel12 - Nov 8, 2013 at 4:51 PM

He could fight Shaq for 10mil and the title of Supeman……

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches