Nov 7, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
There are plenty of fans in Los Angeles and Orlando who would pay to see Dwight Howard get his a%& kicked…
Well, the price tag is $10 million.
Howard was backstage at a UFC event in Houston and was asked if he would step into the octagon and he said yes — For $10 million.
“I would get up there and fight. If I get knocked out, I get knocked out,” Howard said. “I’ll get back up one day.”
(UFC president Dana) White immediately interjected. “I want to do that pay-per-view when you’re ready, man,” he said.
Tall, kind of gangly fighters coming off back surgery tend not to fair well in the UFC, so I could envision that going poorly for Howard. Very poorly.
But for $10 million…
Howard did say “eventually” and it’s safe to say actually doing this violates his NBA contract. Don’t expect this to happen soon. Sorry Lakers/Magic fans.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 6
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10