Nov 7, 2013, 3:10 PM EST
There are plenty of fans in Los Angeles and Orlando who would pay to see Dwight Howard get his a%& kicked…
Well, the price tag is $10 million.
Howard was backstage at a UFC event in Houston and was asked if he would step into the octagon and he said yes — For $10 million.
“I would get up there and fight. If I get knocked out, I get knocked out,” Howard said. “I’ll get back up one day.”
(UFC president Dana) White immediately interjected. “I want to do that pay-per-view when you’re ready, man,” he said.
Tall, kind of gangly fighters coming off back surgery tend not to fair well in the UFC, so I could envision that going poorly for Howard. Very poorly.
But for $10 million…
Howard did say “eventually” and it’s safe to say actually doing this violates his NBA contract. Don’t expect this to happen soon. Sorry Lakers/Magic fans.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 0
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 4
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 22
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 22
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0