Nov 7, 2013, 3:10 PM EST
There are plenty of fans in Los Angeles and Orlando who would pay to see Dwight Howard get his a%& kicked…
Well, the price tag is $10 million.
Howard was backstage at a UFC event in Houston and was asked if he would step into the octagon and he said yes — For $10 million.
“I would get up there and fight. If I get knocked out, I get knocked out,” Howard said. “I’ll get back up one day.”
(UFC president Dana) White immediately interjected. “I want to do that pay-per-view when you’re ready, man,” he said.
Tall, kind of gangly fighters coming off back surgery tend not to fair well in the UFC, so I could envision that going poorly for Howard. Very poorly.
But for $10 million…
Howard did say “eventually” and it’s safe to say actually doing this violates his NBA contract. Don’t expect this to happen soon. Sorry Lakers/Magic fans.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 17
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 15
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5