Nov 7, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
There are plenty of fans in Los Angeles and Orlando who would pay to see Dwight Howard get his a%& kicked…
Well, the price tag is $10 million.
Howard was backstage at a UFC event in Houston and was asked if he would step into the octagon and he said yes — For $10 million.
“I would get up there and fight. If I get knocked out, I get knocked out,” Howard said. “I’ll get back up one day.”
(UFC president Dana) White immediately interjected. “I want to do that pay-per-view when you’re ready, man,” he said.
Tall, kind of gangly fighters coming off back surgery tend not to fair well in the UFC, so I could envision that going poorly for Howard. Very poorly.
But for $10 million…
Howard did say “eventually” and it’s safe to say actually doing this violates his NBA contract. Don’t expect this to happen soon. Sorry Lakers/Magic fans.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23