Nov 7, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
There are plenty of fans in Los Angeles and Orlando who would pay to see Dwight Howard get his a%& kicked…
Well, the price tag is $10 million.
Howard was backstage at a UFC event in Houston and was asked if he would step into the octagon and he said yes — For $10 million.
“I would get up there and fight. If I get knocked out, I get knocked out,” Howard said. “I’ll get back up one day.”
(UFC president Dana) White immediately interjected. “I want to do that pay-per-view when you’re ready, man,” he said.
Tall, kind of gangly fighters coming off back surgery tend not to fair well in the UFC, so I could envision that going poorly for Howard. Very poorly.
But for $10 million…
Howard did say “eventually” and it’s safe to say actually doing this violates his NBA contract. Don’t expect this to happen soon. Sorry Lakers/Magic fans.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 2
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6