Nov 6, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
If you’ve ever been around for the birth of a child, you know that labor starts for the woman when it starts. It’s not on your schedule —middle of the night, middle of dinner, when it comes it comes.
For Zach Randolph’s finance, that was in the middle of the game Wednesday night when the Grizzlies were playing the Pelicans.
Randolph played just eight minutes, scored two points, then the call came and he was gone. As he should have been, his priorities are in the right place.
Randolph scored just two points… sorry if he is on your fantasy team. Tough break. Congratulations to Randolph and his fiancée.
Hope you enjoyed sleeping, that’s done for the next month. Actually, from my experience you never sleep well again.
The Pelicans built up and early 19-point lead and hung on for a 99-84 win. Both teams are now 2-3 on the young season.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61