Nov 6, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
If you’ve ever been around for the birth of a child, you know that labor starts for the woman when it starts. It’s not on your schedule —middle of the night, middle of dinner, when it comes it comes.
For Zach Randolph’s finance, that was in the middle of the game Wednesday night when the Grizzlies were playing the Pelicans.
Randolph played just eight minutes, scored two points, then the call came and he was gone. As he should have been, his priorities are in the right place.
Randolph scored just two points… sorry if he is on your fantasy team. Tough break. Congratulations to Randolph and his fiancée.
Hope you enjoyed sleeping, that’s done for the next month. Actually, from my experience you never sleep well again.
The Pelicans built up and early 19-point lead and hung on for a 99-84 win. Both teams are now 2-3 on the young season.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50