Nov 6, 2013, 10:54 PM EDT
If you’ve ever been around for the birth of a child, you know that labor starts for the woman when it starts. It’s not on your schedule —middle of the night, middle of dinner, when it comes it comes.
For Zach Randolph’s finance, that was in the middle of the game Wednesday night when the Grizzlies were playing the Pelicans.
Randolph played just eight minutes, scored two points, then the call came and he was gone. As he should have been, his priorities are in the right place.
Randolph scored just two points… sorry if he is on your fantasy team. Tough break. Congratulations to Randolph and his fiancée.
Hope you enjoyed sleeping, that’s done for the next month. Actually, from my experience you never sleep well again.
The Pelicans built up and early 19-point lead and hung on for a 99-84 win. Both teams are now 2-3 on the young season.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15