Nov 6, 2013, 10:54 PM EST
If you’ve ever been around for the birth of a child, you know that labor starts for the woman when it starts. It’s not on your schedule —middle of the night, middle of dinner, when it comes it comes.
For Zach Randolph’s finance, that was in the middle of the game Wednesday night when the Grizzlies were playing the Pelicans.
Randolph played just eight minutes, scored two points, then the call came and he was gone. As he should have been, his priorities are in the right place.
Randolph scored just two points… sorry if he is on your fantasy team. Tough break. Congratulations to Randolph and his fiancée.
Hope you enjoyed sleeping, that’s done for the next month. Actually, from my experience you never sleep well again.
The Pelicans built up and early 19-point lead and hung on for a 99-84 win. Both teams are now 2-3 on the young season.
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27