Nov 6, 2013, 6:03 PM EST
Today on PBT Extra Kay Adams first asks me about the news of the day — the Knicks being without Tyson Chandler for 4-6 weeks with a fractured fibula. Let’s just say, it’s not good for their defense, but they can survive this if they start to play Carmelo Anthony more at the four again.
Then we get on to the fun stuff, previewing two good Thursday night matchups. First we talk about how Miami might try to deal with the Clippers high-powered offense (we didn’t get to the other topic, that the Clips have shown no signs of dealing with an offense like Miami). Next, we talk Dwight Howard‘s motivation and how defense is key when the Rockets take on the Lakers.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Santa brings Warriors top spot, lump of coal for Knicks 6
- Clippers, Mavericks, Rockets and Kings reportedly interested in signing Josh Smith 12
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 52
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 27
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20