Nov 6, 2013, 6:03 PM EDT
Today on PBT Extra Kay Adams first asks me about the news of the day — the Knicks being without Tyson Chandler for 4-6 weeks with a fractured fibula. Let’s just say, it’s not good for their defense, but they can survive this if they start to play Carmelo Anthony more at the four again.
Then we get on to the fun stuff, previewing two good Thursday night matchups. First we talk about how Miami might try to deal with the Clippers high-powered offense (we didn’t get to the other topic, that the Clips have shown no signs of dealing with an offense like Miami). Next, we talk Dwight Howard‘s motivation and how defense is key when the Rockets take on the Lakers.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4