Nov 6, 2013, 6:03 PM EDT
Today on PBT Extra Kay Adams first asks me about the news of the day — the Knicks being without Tyson Chandler for 4-6 weeks with a fractured fibula. Let’s just say, it’s not good for their defense, but they can survive this if they start to play Carmelo Anthony more at the four again.
Then we get on to the fun stuff, previewing two good Thursday night matchups. First we talk about how Miami might try to deal with the Clippers high-powered offense (we didn’t get to the other topic, that the Clips have shown no signs of dealing with an offense like Miami). Next, we talk Dwight Howard‘s motivation and how defense is key when the Rockets take on the Lakers.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8