Nov 6, 2013, 4:24 PM EST
Raptors fans had a little reason to be frustrated Tuesday night — Miami came to town without Chris Bosh, went very small and the Raptors couldn’t make them pay. Jonas Valanciunas had 10 points in the first quarter but the Raptors got away from pounding the ball inside, meanwhile LeBron James was being LeBron James and the Heat were moving the ball beautifully.
In the end, the Heat had it won and LeBron had the ball and was trying to run out the clock a little, when he decided to go Michael Flatley and do a kind of Riverdance Irish jig. Raptors fans didn’t appreciate it and let him hear it.
I find this more interesting end-of-game entertainment then meaningless threes to win two free tacos. You win, you get to dance.
Hat tip to Ben Golliver of SI’s The Point Forward, who is known around the league as a huge “Lord of the Dance” fan.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14