Nov 6, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
With Chris Bosh home with his wife and new baby, the Toronto Raptors tried to pound the ball inside on the smaller Heat and make them pay Tuesday night — Jonas Valanciunas had 10 first quarter points and led the Raptors with 18. He did an excellent job of just being bigger and stronger than everyone else on the court.
That includes throwing this one down over LeBron James.
LeBron still had the last laugh — he finished with 35 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists, plus Miami won — but Valanciunas had his moment.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6