Nov 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
As the Bucks were knocking off the Celtics last Friday night, Caron Butler celebrated a big bucket with the “Sam Cassell big balls dance.”
The league doesn’t like that gesture and is cracking down — Butler was fined $15,000 by the league Wednesday for the dance.
He’s not the first, Andray Blatche of the Nets got the same fine for the same dance over the weekend.
While you and I may find this dance amusing, the image conscious NBA — trying to appeal to families and all — is not amused and is going to keep bringing down the hammer until this dance is only seen on YouTube.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13