Nov 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
As the Bucks were knocking off the Celtics last Friday night, Caron Butler celebrated a big bucket with the “Sam Cassell big balls dance.”
The league doesn’t like that gesture and is cracking down — Butler was fined $15,000 by the league Wednesday for the dance.
He’s not the first, Andray Blatche of the Nets got the same fine for the same dance over the weekend.
While you and I may find this dance amusing, the image conscious NBA — trying to appeal to families and all — is not amused and is going to keep bringing down the hammer until this dance is only seen on YouTube.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 7
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 23
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42