Nov 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
As the Bucks were knocking off the Celtics last Friday night, Caron Butler celebrated a big bucket with the “Sam Cassell big balls dance.”
The league doesn’t like that gesture and is cracking down — Butler was fined $15,000 by the league Wednesday for the dance.
He’s not the first, Andray Blatche of the Nets got the same fine for the same dance over the weekend.
While you and I may find this dance amusing, the image conscious NBA — trying to appeal to families and all — is not amused and is going to keep bringing down the hammer until this dance is only seen on YouTube.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 10
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 9
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 39
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 33
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 10