Nov 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
As the Bucks were knocking off the Celtics last Friday night, Caron Butler celebrated a big bucket with the “Sam Cassell big balls dance.”
The league doesn’t like that gesture and is cracking down — Butler was fined $15,000 by the league Wednesday for the dance.
He’s not the first, Andray Blatche of the Nets got the same fine for the same dance over the weekend.
While you and I may find this dance amusing, the image conscious NBA — trying to appeal to families and all — is not amused and is going to keep bringing down the hammer until this dance is only seen on YouTube.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4