Nov 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
As the Bucks were knocking off the Celtics last Friday night, Caron Butler celebrated a big bucket with the “Sam Cassell big balls dance.”
The league doesn’t like that gesture and is cracking down — Butler was fined $15,000 by the league Wednesday for the dance.
He’s not the first, Andray Blatche of the Nets got the same fine for the same dance over the weekend.
While you and I may find this dance amusing, the image conscious NBA — trying to appeal to families and all — is not amused and is going to keep bringing down the hammer until this dance is only seen on YouTube.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29