Nov 5, 2013, 7:09 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Commissioner-in-waiting Adam Silver talks about the Sports VU cameras that are out — you can see the early data from them at NBA.com — and what will and will not be made public.
• Al Jefferson is out again for the Bobcats Tuesday.
• More “who is the toughest to guard” debate:
• Fred Kast has been the official scorer for the Warriors for 50 years.
• This is a fantastic piece of journalism about former NBA player Bison Dele, once known as Brian Williams.
• Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov said his five-year championship plan is based off of former Russian premiere Vladimir Lenin. However, Eric Freeman at Ball Don’t Lie is smart and can tell you Prokhorov appears to have gotten his Russian history wrong. (If that surprises you, try asking Americans about American history sometime.)
• Also in case you missed it, presumptive No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins was in GQ.
• Samsung is now the official handset, tablet, and television provider of the NBA, WNBA and D-League. They also have LeBron James as a sponsor. So, expect a whole lot of Samsung advertising around the NBA going forward.
• Paul Pierce talks about falling in love with Brooklyn for American Express.
• Victor Oladipo can dunk, and it turns out he can sing as well:
• Meanwhile, Bucks’ rookie Giannis Antetokounmpo can dance. Sort of.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 3
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 9
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16