Nov 5, 2013, 7:09 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Commissioner-in-waiting Adam Silver talks about the Sports VU cameras that are out — you can see the early data from them at NBA.com — and what will and will not be made public.
• Al Jefferson is out again for the Bobcats Tuesday.
• More “who is the toughest to guard” debate:
• Fred Kast has been the official scorer for the Warriors for 50 years.
• This is a fantastic piece of journalism about former NBA player Bison Dele, once known as Brian Williams.
• Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov said his five-year championship plan is based off of former Russian premiere Vladimir Lenin. However, Eric Freeman at Ball Don’t Lie is smart and can tell you Prokhorov appears to have gotten his Russian history wrong. (If that surprises you, try asking Americans about American history sometime.)
• Also in case you missed it, presumptive No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins was in GQ.
• Samsung is now the official handset, tablet, and television provider of the NBA, WNBA and D-League. They also have LeBron James as a sponsor. So, expect a whole lot of Samsung advertising around the NBA going forward.
• Paul Pierce talks about falling in love with Brooklyn for American Express.
• Victor Oladipo can dunk, and it turns out he can sing as well:
• Meanwhile, Bucks’ rookie Giannis Antetokounmpo can dance. Sort of.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 3
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 2
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6