Nov 5, 2013, 7:09 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Commissioner-in-waiting Adam Silver talks about the Sports VU cameras that are out — you can see the early data from them at NBA.com — and what will and will not be made public.
• Al Jefferson is out again for the Bobcats Tuesday.
• More “who is the toughest to guard” debate:
• Fred Kast has been the official scorer for the Warriors for 50 years.
• This is a fantastic piece of journalism about former NBA player Bison Dele, once known as Brian Williams.
• Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov said his five-year championship plan is based off of former Russian premiere Vladimir Lenin. However, Eric Freeman at Ball Don’t Lie is smart and can tell you Prokhorov appears to have gotten his Russian history wrong. (If that surprises you, try asking Americans about American history sometime.)
• Also in case you missed it, presumptive No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins was in GQ.
• Samsung is now the official handset, tablet, and television provider of the NBA, WNBA and D-League. They also have LeBron James as a sponsor. So, expect a whole lot of Samsung advertising around the NBA going forward.
• Paul Pierce talks about falling in love with Brooklyn for American Express.
• Victor Oladipo can dunk, and it turns out he can sing as well:
• Meanwhile, Bucks’ rookie Giannis Antetokounmpo can dance. Sort of.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37