Nov 5, 2013, 7:09 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Commissioner-in-waiting Adam Silver talks about the Sports VU cameras that are out — you can see the early data from them at NBA.com — and what will and will not be made public.
• Al Jefferson is out again for the Bobcats Tuesday.
• More “who is the toughest to guard” debate:
• Fred Kast has been the official scorer for the Warriors for 50 years.
• This is a fantastic piece of journalism about former NBA player Bison Dele, once known as Brian Williams.
• Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov said his five-year championship plan is based off of former Russian premiere Vladimir Lenin. However, Eric Freeman at Ball Don’t Lie is smart and can tell you Prokhorov appears to have gotten his Russian history wrong. (If that surprises you, try asking Americans about American history sometime.)
• Also in case you missed it, presumptive No. 1 pick Andrew Wiggins was in GQ.
• Samsung is now the official handset, tablet, and television provider of the NBA, WNBA and D-League. They also have LeBron James as a sponsor. So, expect a whole lot of Samsung advertising around the NBA going forward.
• Paul Pierce talks about falling in love with Brooklyn for American Express.
• Victor Oladipo can dunk, and it turns out he can sing as well:
• Meanwhile, Bucks’ rookie Giannis Antetokounmpo can dance. Sort of.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 7
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 12