Nov 5, 2013, 1:12 PM EST
This is why the Indiana Pacers went out and got C.J. Watson this summer — they needed some better depth at the point guard position.
Sure, the goal was and remains ultimately to bring Watson off the bench, but there are times he’ll be asked to do more. Like Tuesday in Detroit. For the second straight game George Hill will sit out for Indiana with what is described as a sore hip, reports Candace Buckner of the Indy Star.
Watson had 7 points on 2-of-8 shooting with 4 assists in his last start, finishing a plus three. That was a game the Pacers really just won with their stifling, league-best defense.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $75,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday, Nov. 6th games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
This doesn’t sound serious — Hill thought he would be back Saturday when the Pacers faced and beat the Cavaliers. The Pacers are just being cautious, which in the second week of a marathon season is the smart play.
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 0
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 6
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46