Nov 5, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
This is why the Indiana Pacers went out and got C.J. Watson this summer — they needed some better depth at the point guard position.
Sure, the goal was and remains ultimately to bring Watson off the bench, but there are times he’ll be asked to do more. Like Tuesday in Detroit. For the second straight game George Hill will sit out for Indiana with what is described as a sore hip, reports Candace Buckner of the Indy Star.
Watson had 7 points on 2-of-8 shooting with 4 assists in his last start, finishing a plus three. That was a game the Pacers really just won with their stifling, league-best defense.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $75,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday, Nov. 6th games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
This doesn’t sound serious — Hill thought he would be back Saturday when the Pacers faced and beat the Cavaliers. The Pacers are just being cautious, which in the second week of a marathon season is the smart play.
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 0
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 24
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31