Nov 5, 2013, 1:12 PM EDT
This is why the Indiana Pacers went out and got C.J. Watson this summer — they needed some better depth at the point guard position.
Sure, the goal was and remains ultimately to bring Watson off the bench, but there are times he’ll be asked to do more. Like Tuesday in Detroit. For the second straight game George Hill will sit out for Indiana with what is described as a sore hip, reports Candace Buckner of the Indy Star.
Watson had 7 points on 2-of-8 shooting with 4 assists in his last start, finishing a plus three. That was a game the Pacers really just won with their stifling, league-best defense.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $75,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday, Nov. 6th games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
This doesn’t sound serious — Hill thought he would be back Saturday when the Pacers faced and beat the Cavaliers. The Pacers are just being cautious, which in the second week of a marathon season is the smart play.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10