Nov 5, 2013, 1:12 PM EST
This is why the Indiana Pacers went out and got C.J. Watson this summer — they needed some better depth at the point guard position.
Sure, the goal was and remains ultimately to bring Watson off the bench, but there are times he’ll be asked to do more. Like Tuesday in Detroit. For the second straight game George Hill will sit out for Indiana with what is described as a sore hip, reports Candace Buckner of the Indy Star.
Watson had 7 points on 2-of-8 shooting with 4 assists in his last start, finishing a plus three. That was a game the Pacers really just won with their stifling, league-best defense.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $75,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday, Nov. 6th games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
This doesn’t sound serious — Hill thought he would be back Saturday when the Pacers faced and beat the Cavaliers. The Pacers are just being cautious, which in the second week of a marathon season is the smart play.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 5
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 44