Nov 5, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
There are a couple of players the Knicks cannot afford to lose for any stretch of time this season and stay the same squad, and Tyson Chandler is one of them. He is the anchor for their defense and sets a mean pick (plus is good on the roll).
But they could be without him for at least a little while. In the first quarter Tuesday night he banged knees with Charlotte’s Kemba Walker, he went to the bench for a while and got ice on it then had to be helped to the locker room because he was limping so badly. Now comes this non-update update via the Knicks (they are the kings of that).
T. Chandler injured his r. leg during the first quarter. X-rays were inclusive. A diagnosis will be given pending further testing tomorrow.
—New York Knicks on twitter
While the Knicks love to be vague about injuries for no reason this may be a case where they need an MRI tomorrow to really see what is going on. Could be a just a bruise, at least that’s what Knicks fans have to hope.
Chandler was clearly in pain and it could be he is out for a bit.
Which would be bad. There is Cole Aldrich as a backup center but that’s not a great option. Kenyon Martin is a better one but the Knicks have tried to limit his minutes coming off an ankle injury — he was out against the Bobcats in this game and has not played more than 16 minutes in a game.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 15
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 16
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80