Nov 5, 2013, 8:56 PM EDT
There are a couple of players the Knicks cannot afford to lose for any stretch of time this season and stay the same squad, and Tyson Chandler is one of them. He is the anchor for their defense and sets a mean pick (plus is good on the roll).
But they could be without him for at least a little while. In the first quarter Tuesday night he banged knees with Charlotte’s Kemba Walker, he went to the bench for a while and got ice on it then had to be helped to the locker room because he was limping so badly. Now comes this non-update update via the Knicks (they are the kings of that).
T. Chandler injured his r. leg during the first quarter. X-rays were inclusive. A diagnosis will be given pending further testing tomorrow.
—New York Knicks on twitter
While the Knicks love to be vague about injuries for no reason this may be a case where they need an MRI tomorrow to really see what is going on. Could be a just a bruise, at least that’s what Knicks fans have to hope.
Chandler was clearly in pain and it could be he is out for a bit.
Which would be bad. There is Cole Aldrich as a backup center but that’s not a great option. Kenyon Martin is a better one but the Knicks have tried to limit his minutes coming off an ankle injury — he was out against the Bobcats in this game and has not played more than 16 minutes in a game.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 1
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 7
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6