Nov 5, 2013, 8:56 PM EST
There are a couple of players the Knicks cannot afford to lose for any stretch of time this season and stay the same squad, and Tyson Chandler is one of them. He is the anchor for their defense and sets a mean pick (plus is good on the roll).
But they could be without him for at least a little while. In the first quarter Tuesday night he banged knees with Charlotte’s Kemba Walker, he went to the bench for a while and got ice on it then had to be helped to the locker room because he was limping so badly. Now comes this non-update update via the Knicks (they are the kings of that).
T. Chandler injured his r. leg during the first quarter. X-rays were inclusive. A diagnosis will be given pending further testing tomorrow.
—New York Knicks on twitter
While the Knicks love to be vague about injuries for no reason this may be a case where they need an MRI tomorrow to really see what is going on. Could be a just a bruise, at least that’s what Knicks fans have to hope.
Chandler was clearly in pain and it could be he is out for a bit.
Which would be bad. There is Cole Aldrich as a backup center but that’s not a great option. Kenyon Martin is a better one but the Knicks have tried to limit his minutes coming off an ankle injury — he was out against the Bobcats in this game and has not played more than 16 minutes in a game.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 11
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 29
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 44
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31