Nov 5, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
It didn’t look good for Kemba Walker midway through the third quarter against the Knicks, when he ran into the brick wall otherwise known as Metta World Peace and appeared to be in a lot of pain after suffering some kind of shoulder injury.
While the pain was surely real, the injury itself turned out to be not all that serious.
Walker was deemed available to return by his team’s medical staff following X-rays (which were negative), and the official diagnosis (via Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer) was nothing more than a shoulder contusion.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36