Nov 5, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
It didn’t look good for Kemba Walker midway through the third quarter against the Knicks, when he ran into the brick wall otherwise known as Metta World Peace and appeared to be in a lot of pain after suffering some kind of shoulder injury.
While the pain was surely real, the injury itself turned out to be not all that serious.
Walker was deemed available to return by his team’s medical staff following X-rays (which were negative), and the official diagnosis (via Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer) was nothing more than a shoulder contusion.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 8
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 12
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11