Nov 5, 2013, 9:50 PM EDT
It didn’t look good for Kemba Walker midway through the third quarter against the Knicks, when he ran into the brick wall otherwise known as Metta World Peace and appeared to be in a lot of pain after suffering some kind of shoulder injury.
While the pain was surely real, the injury itself turned out to be not all that serious.
Walker was deemed available to return by his team’s medical staff following X-rays (which were negative), and the official diagnosis (via Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer) was nothing more than a shoulder contusion.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 7
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8