Nov 5, 2013, 9:50 PM EST
It didn’t look good for Kemba Walker midway through the third quarter against the Knicks, when he ran into the brick wall otherwise known as Metta World Peace and appeared to be in a lot of pain after suffering some kind of shoulder injury.
While the pain was surely real, the injury itself turned out to be not all that serious.
Walker was deemed available to return by his team’s medical staff following X-rays (which were negative), and the official diagnosis (via Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer) was nothing more than a shoulder contusion.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 8
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 10
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9