Nov 5, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
Andre Iguodala went off on his homecoming to Philadelphia — the former Sixer went off for 11 points and hit 3-of-4 from beyond the arc in the first quarter and just kept on going. He had 16 more in the second quarter and ended up with 32 points and a career best seven threes as the Warriors rolled past the Sixers.
Sixer fans, you can thank Evan Turner for making sure Iguodala got off to the hot start — he was talking trash before the game. In a friendly way, but still.
“Evan actually texted me right after they beat the Bulls. He was kind of talking trash,” Iguodala said. “He said you’re next. He’s the ultimate competitor, no matter who he’s going against. Actually, I wanted to shut him out tonight. I wasn’t even thinking about scoring.”
Turner was 0-of-4 in the first quarter but finished with 18 points on 7-of-12 shooting. I’d say most of that came in garbage time but really the entire second half was garbage time.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $75,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday, Nov. 6th games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
Note to the Timberwolves, Spurs and Grizzlies (the next three teams on the Warriors’ schedule): Don’t make Andre Iguodala angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4