Nov 5, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
Andre Iguodala went off on his homecoming to Philadelphia — the former Sixer went off for 11 points and hit 3-of-4 from beyond the arc in the first quarter and just kept on going. He had 16 more in the second quarter and ended up with 32 points and a career best seven threes as the Warriors rolled past the Sixers.
Sixer fans, you can thank Evan Turner for making sure Iguodala got off to the hot start — he was talking trash before the game. In a friendly way, but still.
“Evan actually texted me right after they beat the Bulls. He was kind of talking trash,” Iguodala said. “He said you’re next. He’s the ultimate competitor, no matter who he’s going against. Actually, I wanted to shut him out tonight. I wasn’t even thinking about scoring.”
Turner was 0-of-4 in the first quarter but finished with 18 points on 7-of-12 shooting. I’d say most of that came in garbage time but really the entire second half was garbage time.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $75,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday, Nov. 6th games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
Note to the Timberwolves, Spurs and Grizzlies (the next three teams on the Warriors’ schedule): Don’t make Andre Iguodala angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 38
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5