Evan Turner talked trash to Iguodala before Sixers faced Warriors. That went well.

Nov 5, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT

Andre Iguodala, Evan Turner AP

Andre Iguodala went off on his homecoming to Philadelphia — the former Sixer went off for 11 points and hit 3-of-4 from beyond the arc in the first quarter and just kept on going. He had 16 more in the second quarter and ended up with 32 points and a career best seven threes as the Warriors rolled past the Sixers.

Sixer fans, you can thank Evan Turner for making sure Iguodala got off to the hot start — he was talking trash before the game. In a friendly way, but still.

CSNPhilly.com had the details.

“Evan actually texted me right after they beat the Bulls. He was kind of talking trash,” Iguodala said. “He said you’re next. He’s the ultimate competitor, no matter who he’s going against. Actually, I wanted to shut him out tonight. I wasn’t even thinking about scoring.”

Turner was 0-of-4 in the first quarter but finished with 18 points on 7-of-12 shooting. I’d say most of that came in garbage time but really the entire second half was garbage time.

Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $75,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday, Nov. 6th games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.

Note to the Timberwolves, Spurs and Grizzlies (the next three teams on the Warriors’ schedule): Don’t make Andre Iguodala angry. You wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.

1. connorchew - Nov 5, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I love iggy, but he’s not capable of doing this more than a few times a year. but when it happens, woah

• ProBasketballPundit - Nov 5, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Iggy doesn’t need to do this more than a few times a year so I guess it works out for the Warriors. What they need from him is the occasional 3, passing, fast break finishes, leadership, and most of all they need his wing defense. I think he’ll provide all of that consistently.

2. spursareold - Nov 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Seven three pointers is about a month’s worth for Iggy, so I don’t think those upcoming teams have much to worry about. You WANT him hoisting them up instead of, say, Curry.

3. somekat - Nov 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM

4. brento1499 - Nov 5, 2013 at 4:14 PM

“Iggy helping handing the Sixers a blowout loss, and possibly waking them up for a streak of many more, may be the best thing Iggy has ever done for this franchise in the long run, lol”

————————————-
    lol, im a sixers fan, but cmon man. take a look at the sixers roster on paper. this team was constructed to fail. they wont win many games this year

5. captainwisdom8888 - Nov 5, 2013 at 5:22 PM

As a Sixers fan I cannot help but root for victory for my team…especially as I watch relative nobody’s beating up on teams like Miami and Chicago. That aside, I am so sick of barely making or missing the playoffs. Sitting in the middle of the pack every year(At best) really gets old, and it ensures that the team NEVER wins a championship and NEVER acquires a top lottery pick to build for the future. This team has essentially been stuck in a LIMBO of sorts, and I applaud our GM’s effort to free us from this by trading Jrue Holiday, because keeping him would have helped ensure that we continue to stay in this unfortunate situation.

6. broncobeta - Nov 5, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Thanks for killing the Sixers as Warrior, Iggy.

You sure shat the bed against them when you were a Nugget.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches