Nov 5, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
The Heat will take on the Raptors in Toronto on Tuesday, but they’ll do it without the member of their Big Three who made a name for himself in the NBA by playing north of the border for his first seven seasons.
Chris Bosh wasn’t available to reporters at Monday’s practice and didn’t travel with the team, after his wife gave birth to the couple’s second child early Monday morning.
— Chris Bosh (@chrisbosh) November 5, 2013
Miami is off to a bit of a slow start at just 2-2, so despite facing a Raptors team that doesn’t appear to pose much of a threat, they could use all of their stars on the floor until the ship is officially righted.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $75,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday, Nov. 6th games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
At least Bosh’s excuse for missing this one is as good as it gets.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14