Nov 5, 2013, 8:44 AM EST
Andrew Bynum played 18 minutes for the Cavaliers Monday night, his third game of the young season. He had 10 points on 2-of-6 shooting and he got to the free throw line six times.
He did that through some pain that is still in his knees.
That’s what he said after the game, as reported by the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
Preparing to play his third game of the season, Bynum acknowledged that he had experienced “little, sharp pains” and said he wasn’t sure his explosiveness would return. He’s still working on his conditioning and timing….
Asked about having to change his game if his explosiveness doesn’t return, he said he would rely on footwork and skills instead of athleticism.
That he is still playing through knee pain is both troublesome and not a surprise. He said it’s not so bad and can play through it, but still this is not a good sign,
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $75,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday, Nov. 6th games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $10,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the link.
Monday was his best outing yet, those minutes mattering in what ended up being a 92-91 win over Minnesota. Even slowed he is a big defensive presence in the paint. Cleveland is hoping for more like this game, and even better, as they try to claw toward a playoff berth in the East.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 3
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 16
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12