Nov 4, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Sorry Knicks fans, you may not want to watch this, but the rest of the country is buzzing about it.
There has been no hotter player in the NBA to start the season than Kevin Love, who averaged 29.7 points per game on 50 percent shooting, plus 14.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game — and those are the kind of numbers he can sustain.
You know his name was all over the Knicks scouting report heading into Sunday, yet he still dropped 34 and 15 on New York in the Garden. Even got a high five from Spike Lee.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday, Nov. 4th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Our own D.J. Foster called him a potential sneaky MVP candidate, and while it’s far, far too early to have that conversation in any real sense it’s something to think about. K-Love is tearing it up.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 0
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 11
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 41
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29