Nov 4, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Sorry Knicks fans, you may not want to watch this, but the rest of the country is buzzing about it.
There has been no hotter player in the NBA to start the season than Kevin Love, who averaged 29.7 points per game on 50 percent shooting, plus 14.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game — and those are the kind of numbers he can sustain.
You know his name was all over the Knicks scouting report heading into Sunday, yet he still dropped 34 and 15 on New York in the Garden. Even got a high five from Spike Lee.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday, Nov. 4th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Our own D.J. Foster called him a potential sneaky MVP candidate, and while it’s far, far too early to have that conversation in any real sense it’s something to think about. K-Love is tearing it up.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 23
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 22
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2