Nov 4, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Sorry Knicks fans, you may not want to watch this, but the rest of the country is buzzing about it.
There has been no hotter player in the NBA to start the season than Kevin Love, who averaged 29.7 points per game on 50 percent shooting, plus 14.7 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game — and those are the kind of numbers he can sustain.
You know his name was all over the Knicks scouting report heading into Sunday, yet he still dropped 34 and 15 on New York in the Garden. Even got a high five from Spike Lee.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday, Nov. 4th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Our own D.J. Foster called him a potential sneaky MVP candidate, and while it’s far, far too early to have that conversation in any real sense it’s something to think about. K-Love is tearing it up.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15