Nov 4, 2013, 7:29 PM EST
Victor Oladipo is off to the stellar start to the season that some of us expected, showcasing a nice combination of speed, athleticism and vision on both ends of the floor on the way to averages of 13.8 points, 5.3 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.8 steals in his first four games.
He also showed a flair for bringing the excitement on Sunday, when he got loose for a 360-slam in his team’s win over the Nets.
Oladipo’s dunking ability is above average, and his newness to the NBA game has him eager to achieve as much as possible, at least in these early days of his career.
Magic guard Victor Oladipo told me after the club’s win against the Brooklyn Nets that he would be interested in competing in the slam-dunk contest during All-Star Weekend.
Oladipo turned in an eye-opening audition Sunday night, completing a 360-degree dunk off a steal from Nets point guard Deron Williams.
“My teammates kept telling me to be aggressive. I just listened,” Oladipo said.
Orlando isn’t expected to do anything this season in terms of making a run at a playoff spot, so this might be the best time for Oladipo to declare his interest.
Many players who log heavy regular season minutes on teams expected to play into the postseason relish the All-Star weekend break to rest and recharge for the second half of the season, but an athletic rookie on a non-playoff squad should have no trouble gearing up for one of the main events of the midseason showcase.
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 1
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39