Nov 4, 2013, 6:49 PM EST
It’s just a week into the season and some interesting story lines are developing, but the Russell Westbrook news trumped it all to start the season.
Kay Adams and I talk in this PBT Extra about Westbrook and what his return means for Oklahoma City.
Then we move on to two of the hot starts this young season — Kevin Love in Minnesota and the Indiana Pacers. Love is capable of keeping up some ridiculous numbers, especially with Ricky Rubio and Kevin Martin around him (plus some other good role players). The Pacers look a lot better this season — and they went to the seventh game of the Eastern Conference Finals last year. People better not overlook Indiana this season.
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 4
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 4
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 14
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 23
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 12
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (53)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (38)
- Jason Kidd fined $50K for intentionally spilling drink on the court to stop play in loss to Lakers (37)