Nov 4, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
In what is going to be a tough season in Orlando, Tobias Harris was one of the reasons to tune in — the young forward had a sparkling second half of the season ( 17.3 points and 8.5 rebounds per game after being traded from the Bucks to the Magic) and we wanted to see what he could do if you gave him more run and freedom.
But the ankle sprain he suffered a couple weeks ago and has kept him out of the regular season so far is serious enough that Jacque Vaughn said Monday that Harris is out indefinitely and is weeks away from returning, reports John Denton of the Magic’s official Web site.
Harris is not practicing with the team right now and Vaugn also called the sprain “severe.” So, that’s not good.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday, Nov. 4th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9