Nov 4, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
In what is going to be a tough season in Orlando, Tobias Harris was one of the reasons to tune in — the young forward had a sparkling second half of the season ( 17.3 points and 8.5 rebounds per game after being traded from the Bucks to the Magic) and we wanted to see what he could do if you gave him more run and freedom.
But the ankle sprain he suffered a couple weeks ago and has kept him out of the regular season so far is serious enough that Jacque Vaughn said Monday that Harris is out indefinitely and is weeks away from returning, reports John Denton of the Magic’s official Web site.
Harris is not practicing with the team right now and Vaugn also called the sprain “severe.” So, that’s not good.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday, Nov. 4th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32