Nov 4, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
In what is going to be a tough season in Orlando, Tobias Harris was one of the reasons to tune in — the young forward had a sparkling second half of the season ( 17.3 points and 8.5 rebounds per game after being traded from the Bucks to the Magic) and we wanted to see what he could do if you gave him more run and freedom.
But the ankle sprain he suffered a couple weeks ago and has kept him out of the regular season so far is serious enough that Jacque Vaughn said Monday that Harris is out indefinitely and is weeks away from returning, reports John Denton of the Magic’s official Web site.
Harris is not practicing with the team right now and Vaugn also called the sprain “severe.” So, that’s not good.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday, Nov. 4th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49