Nov 4, 2013, 12:42 PM EST
In what is going to be a tough season in Orlando, Tobias Harris was one of the reasons to tune in — the young forward had a sparkling second half of the season ( 17.3 points and 8.5 rebounds per game after being traded from the Bucks to the Magic) and we wanted to see what he could do if you gave him more run and freedom.
But the ankle sprain he suffered a couple weeks ago and has kept him out of the regular season so far is serious enough that Jacque Vaughn said Monday that Harris is out indefinitely and is weeks away from returning, reports John Denton of the Magic’s official Web site.
Harris is not practicing with the team right now and Vaugn also called the sprain “severe.” So, that’s not good.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday, Nov. 4th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11