Nov 4, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Kevin Love put on a show in Madison Square Garden — 34 points and 15 rebounds, he was getting buckets at the rim and knocking down threes. He was showing off the kind of versatile game that had to make Knicks fans jealous.
Including Spike Lee.
In the fourth quarter the Knicks had closed a 21-point Minnesota lead down to the striking distance of single digits, but Love kept making plays. None better than this stumbling, off-balance, trying-to-draw-the-foul 17-foot bank from the wing. Then as he ran up court he got a high-five from Lee.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday, Nov. 4th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
That’s a good night, Kevin.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 11
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 13
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 7
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 48
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7