Nov 4, 2013, 8:44 AM EDT
Kevin Love put on a show in Madison Square Garden — 34 points and 15 rebounds, he was getting buckets at the rim and knocking down threes. He was showing off the kind of versatile game that had to make Knicks fans jealous.
Including Spike Lee.
In the fourth quarter the Knicks had closed a 21-point Minnesota lead down to the striking distance of single digits, but Love kept making plays. None better than this stumbling, off-balance, trying-to-draw-the-foul 17-foot bank from the wing. Then as he ran up court he got a high-five from Lee.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday, Nov. 4th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
That’s a good night, Kevin.
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 25
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 76
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14