Nov 4, 2013, 9:56 AM EST
It didn’t look good when it happened. In the second quarter Sunday against Oklahoma City, Phoenix guard Goran Dragic was on the break with the ball, drove the lane, tried a Eurostep move and as he did rolled his left ankle.
He limped off the court, soon was helped back to the locker room and did not return.
This is the same left ankle he had tweaked during the preseason and in speaking after the game to the Arizona Republic he sounded like a guy who could miss some time.
“It felt worse this time,” Dragic said…
“It’s frustrating, but I have to be strong,” Dragic said. “Maybe it’s because I played the whole summer (for Slovenia’s national team), but I feel good. Maybe I just don’t have luck. I’ll be strong, work on this and come back stronger.”
Just watching when it happened, this looked like the kind of thing that would keep a guy out for a few games. The Suns have a back-to-back Tuesday and Wednesday on the road and I wouldn’t bet on seeing Dragic. We’ll likely learn more about the severity of it Monday afternoon.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday, Nov. 4th games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Dragic has been the second leading scorer for the Suns, averaging 13.7 points plus 5.3 assists per game. This is going to mean more Eric Bledsoe (which is not a bad thing, he stepped up his game in the second half after Dragic went down and kept the Suns close to the Thunder). Also expect some extra run for Gerald Green, which should mean a couple highlight reel dunks if nothing else.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 2
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1