Nov 2, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
The Timberwolves had their season completely derailed last year by injuries to the bulk of the team’s core rotation players.
While the stars are healthy in Minnesota for now, another reserve went down with an injury that should keep him sidelined for quite some time.
Ronny Turiaf, signed this summer for frontcourt depth as a free agent, crashed to the floor after playing just three minutes and appeared to land directly on his elbow. The team confirmed on Saturday that an MRI showed it was fractured.
Turiaf isn’t a statistical wonder or anything, but he’s a more than capable big man in spurts off the bench whose energy usually helps more than it hurts. No timetable has been set for his return, which means more Derrick Williams and Gorgui Deng minutes with the second unit for the foreseeable future.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18