Nov 2, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
The Timberwolves had their season completely derailed last year by injuries to the bulk of the team’s core rotation players.
While the stars are healthy in Minnesota for now, another reserve went down with an injury that should keep him sidelined for quite some time.
Ronny Turiaf, signed this summer for frontcourt depth as a free agent, crashed to the floor after playing just three minutes and appeared to land directly on his elbow. The team confirmed on Saturday that an MRI showed it was fractured.
Turiaf isn’t a statistical wonder or anything, but he’s a more than capable big man in spurts off the bench whose energy usually helps more than it hurts. No timetable has been set for his return, which means more Derrick Williams and Gorgui Deng minutes with the second unit for the foreseeable future.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 2
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12