Nov 2, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
The Timberwolves had their season completely derailed last year by injuries to the bulk of the team’s core rotation players.
While the stars are healthy in Minnesota for now, another reserve went down with an injury that should keep him sidelined for quite some time.
Ronny Turiaf, signed this summer for frontcourt depth as a free agent, crashed to the floor after playing just three minutes and appeared to land directly on his elbow. The team confirmed on Saturday that an MRI showed it was fractured.
Turiaf isn’t a statistical wonder or anything, but he’s a more than capable big man in spurts off the bench whose energy usually helps more than it hurts. No timetable has been set for his return, which means more Derrick Williams and Gorgui Deng minutes with the second unit for the foreseeable future.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 8
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38