Nov 2, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
The Timberwolves had their season completely derailed last year by injuries to the bulk of the team’s core rotation players.
While the stars are healthy in Minnesota for now, another reserve went down with an injury that should keep him sidelined for quite some time.
Ronny Turiaf, signed this summer for frontcourt depth as a free agent, crashed to the floor after playing just three minutes and appeared to land directly on his elbow. The team confirmed on Saturday that an MRI showed it was fractured.
Turiaf isn’t a statistical wonder or anything, but he’s a more than capable big man in spurts off the bench whose energy usually helps more than it hurts. No timetable has been set for his return, which means more Derrick Williams and Gorgui Deng minutes with the second unit for the foreseeable future.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 6
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10