Nov 2, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
This particular play was more a function of Pierce’s footwork and basketball IQ than it was his athleticism, but James clearly underestimated his defender when going up for this particular shot attempt in the Heat’s third game of the regular season.
The Nets held on for the 101-100 victory, and Miami is now under .500 at just 1-2 on the very young NBA season.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50