Nov 2, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
This particular play was more a function of Pierce’s footwork and basketball IQ than it was his athleticism, but James clearly underestimated his defender when going up for this particular shot attempt in the Heat’s third game of the regular season.
The Nets held on for the 101-100 victory, and Miami is now under .500 at just 1-2 on the very young NBA season.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 10
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30