Nov 2, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
This particular play was more a function of Pierce’s footwork and basketball IQ than it was his athleticism, but James clearly underestimated his defender when going up for this particular shot attempt in the Heat’s third game of the regular season.
The Nets held on for the 101-100 victory, and Miami is now under .500 at just 1-2 on the very young NBA season.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 20
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80