Nov 2, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
This particular play was more a function of Pierce’s footwork and basketball IQ than it was his athleticism, but James clearly underestimated his defender when going up for this particular shot attempt in the Heat’s third game of the regular season.
The Nets held on for the 101-100 victory, and Miami is now under .500 at just 1-2 on the very young NBA season.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 7
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 46
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33