Nov 2, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
In the second quarter against the Spurs Friday, Lakers reserve and leading scorer Xavier Henry (yes, he leads then at 18 points a game through two) drove from the right wing, crashed to the floor upon landing and his head hit the knee of teammate Wes Johnson — and he ends up with a big cut.
The Lakers later reported it was a two-inch gash that required nine stitches to close.
But he was out for the second half, with a bandage and a compression cap on to hold it in place, and he played. Because that’s what hockey players… or some basketball players do.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49