Nov 2, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
In the second quarter against the Spurs Friday, Lakers reserve and leading scorer Xavier Henry (yes, he leads then at 18 points a game through two) drove from the right wing, crashed to the floor upon landing and his head hit the knee of teammate Wes Johnson — and he ends up with a big cut.
The Lakers later reported it was a two-inch gash that required nine stitches to close.
But he was out for the second half, with a bandage and a compression cap on to hold it in place, and he played. Because that’s what hockey players… or some basketball players do.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 4
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17