Nov 2, 2013, 12:21 AM EST
In the second quarter against the Spurs Friday, Lakers reserve and leading scorer Xavier Henry (yes, he leads then at 18 points a game through two) drove from the right wing, crashed to the floor upon landing and his head hit the knee of teammate Wes Johnson — and he ends up with a big cut.
The Lakers later reported it was a two-inch gash that required nine stitches to close.
But he was out for the second half, with a bandage and a compression cap on to hold it in place, and he played. Because that’s what hockey players… or some basketball players do.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7