Nov 2, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
In the second quarter against the Spurs Friday, Lakers reserve and leading scorer Xavier Henry (yes, he leads then at 18 points a game through two) drove from the right wing, crashed to the floor upon landing and his head hit the knee of teammate Wes Johnson — and he ends up with a big cut.
The Lakers later reported it was a two-inch gash that required nine stitches to close.
But he was out for the second half, with a bandage and a compression cap on to hold it in place, and he played. Because that’s what hockey players… or some basketball players do.
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 0
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8