Nov 2, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
In the second quarter against the Spurs Friday, Lakers reserve and leading scorer Xavier Henry (yes, he leads then at 18 points a game through two) drove from the right wing, crashed to the floor upon landing and his head hit the knee of teammate Wes Johnson — and he ends up with a big cut.
The Lakers later reported it was a two-inch gash that required nine stitches to close.
But he was out for the second half, with a bandage and a compression cap on to hold it in place, and he played. Because that’s what hockey players… or some basketball players do.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4