Nov 2, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Andrew Bynum made his somewhat unexpected debut for the Cavaliers during their season opener on Wednesday, after working his way back from knee issues following his signing in Cleveland during the offseason.
Bynum played again for the Cavs on Friday, and finished with five points and three rebounds in 11 minutes of action. He doesn’t yet appear to be anywhere near game shape, however, and with his history of injury, the team is taking the cautious approach in working him back to the point where he’ll be ready to play starter’s minutes.
Andrew Bynum will most likely not play in [Saturday] night’s game in Indiana. Brown indicated that it would be highly unlikely Bynum would play games on back-to-back days right now due to his continued recovery process related to his knee injuries.
There’s a similar note in the recap of Friday’s game from Jason lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal.
Announcement: ProBasketballTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Saturday’s NBA games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts Saturday night at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
This won’t affect much of what the Cavaliers do on the court, as Bynum’s minutes were so small that he has had little to no impact in the first two games of the season.
It’s the smart course of action to hold Bynum out of the second night of back-to-back sets, and look at the bright side: no matter how long it takes for Bynum to return to form, he’s already played more in Cleveland than he did all of last year with the Sixers.
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 0
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 2
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 25
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)