Nov 2, 2013, 5:45 PM EST
Andrew Bynum made his somewhat unexpected debut for the Cavaliers during their season opener on Wednesday, after working his way back from knee issues following his signing in Cleveland during the offseason.
Bynum played again for the Cavs on Friday, and finished with five points and three rebounds in 11 minutes of action. He doesn’t yet appear to be anywhere near game shape, however, and with his history of injury, the team is taking the cautious approach in working him back to the point where he’ll be ready to play starter’s minutes.
Andrew Bynum will most likely not play in [Saturday] night’s game in Indiana. Brown indicated that it would be highly unlikely Bynum would play games on back-to-back days right now due to his continued recovery process related to his knee injuries.
There’s a similar note in the recap of Friday’s game from Jason lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal.
Announcement: ProBasketballTalk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Saturday’s NBA games. It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts Saturday night at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
This won’t affect much of what the Cavaliers do on the court, as Bynum’s minutes were so small that he has had little to no impact in the first two games of the season.
It’s the smart course of action to hold Bynum out of the second night of back-to-back sets, and look at the bright side: no matter how long it takes for Bynum to return to form, he’s already played more in Cleveland than he did all of last year with the Sixers.
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 0
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 2
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 3
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 7
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9