Nov 2, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
Nets’ big man Andray Blatche was fined $15,000 by the NBA for “making an obscene gesture” late in his team’s win over the Heat on Friday.
Blatche wasn’t in the game at the time, but was seen from the bench (with the white towel draped around his shoulders) making the “big balls” reference that Sam Cassell made famous all those years ago.
The amount of the fine seems to be the going rate to punish this particular gesture. It’s what Marco Belinelli got during the playoffs last May, though his rendition of it was made on the court after personally hitting a big shot — ironically, against the Nets.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25