Nov 2, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
Nets’ big man Andray Blatche was fined $15,000 by the NBA for “making an obscene gesture” late in his team’s win over the Heat on Friday.
Blatche wasn’t in the game at the time, but was seen from the bench (with the white towel draped around his shoulders) making the “big balls” reference that Sam Cassell made famous all those years ago.
The amount of the fine seems to be the going rate to punish this particular gesture. It’s what Marco Belinelli got during the playoffs last May, though his rendition of it was made on the court after personally hitting a big shot — ironically, against the Nets.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 0
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 10
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 12
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36