Nov 2, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
Nets’ big man Andray Blatche was fined $15,000 by the NBA for “making an obscene gesture” late in his team’s win over the Heat on Friday.
Blatche wasn’t in the game at the time, but was seen from the bench (with the white towel draped around his shoulders) making the “big balls” reference that Sam Cassell made famous all those years ago.
The amount of the fine seems to be the going rate to punish this particular gesture. It’s what Marco Belinelli got during the playoffs last May, though his rendition of it was made on the court after personally hitting a big shot — ironically, against the Nets.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17