Nov 2, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
Nets’ big man Andray Blatche was fined $15,000 by the NBA for “making an obscene gesture” late in his team’s win over the Heat on Friday.
Blatche wasn’t in the game at the time, but was seen from the bench (with the white towel draped around his shoulders) making the “big balls” reference that Sam Cassell made famous all those years ago.
The amount of the fine seems to be the going rate to punish this particular gesture. It’s what Marco Belinelli got during the playoffs last May, though his rendition of it was made on the court after personally hitting a big shot — ironically, against the Nets.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 2
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 12
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 35
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14