Nov 2, 2013, 4:13 PM EDT
Nets’ big man Andray Blatche was fined $15,000 by the NBA for “making an obscene gesture” late in his team’s win over the Heat on Friday.
Blatche wasn’t in the game at the time, but was seen from the bench (with the white towel draped around his shoulders) making the “big balls” reference that Sam Cassell made famous all those years ago.
The amount of the fine seems to be the going rate to punish this particular gesture. It’s what Marco Belinelli got during the playoffs last May, though his rendition of it was made on the court after personally hitting a big shot — ironically, against the Nets.
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 6
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 13
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 22
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43