Nov 1, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin has his starting job back. For now.
After a back-and-forth preseason Rockets coach Kevin McHale decided to start Patrick Beverley at the point and bring Jeremy Lin in off the bench — and it seemed to work pretty well (Lin had 16 points on 5-of-7 shooting with the second unit). But Beverley played just 10:23 after getting hit in what was described at first as the ribs in the second quarter and he did not return.
Now we learn he could be out for up to two weeks, as reported by Jason Friedman on the Rockets Web site. The injury is being described as “a partial tear of a muscle in his midsection.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 Fantasy Basketball league tonight (Friday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,500. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
James Harden sat out Thursday’s practice but is a go for Houston Friday.
The Rockets won their opening game against Charlotte but now they get more of a challenge — Dallas Friday followed by a road trip that includes the Clippers and Trail Blazers.
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 0
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 12
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6