Nov 1, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
Jeremy Lin has his starting job back. For now.
After a back-and-forth preseason Rockets coach Kevin McHale decided to start Patrick Beverley at the point and bring Jeremy Lin in off the bench — and it seemed to work pretty well (Lin had 16 points on 5-of-7 shooting with the second unit). But Beverley played just 10:23 after getting hit in what was described at first as the ribs in the second quarter and he did not return.
Now we learn he could be out for up to two weeks, as reported by Jason Friedman on the Rockets Web site. The injury is being described as “a partial tear of a muscle in his midsection.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 Fantasy Basketball league tonight (Friday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,500. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
James Harden sat out Thursday’s practice but is a go for Houston Friday.
The Rockets won their opening game against Charlotte but now they get more of a challenge — Dallas Friday followed by a road trip that includes the Clippers and Trail Blazers.
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 21
- ‘Melo says Knicks players “worried” Woodson could lose job if losing continues 9
- The Extra Pass: Chemistry clicking in Denver as Nuggets beat Nets to win seventh straight, and Tuesday’s recaps 2
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Michael Carter-Williams, Victor Oladipo with dueling rookie triple doubles 5
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 3: We answer twitter questions on Blazers, Pacers vs. Monstars 0
- Kobe Bryant takes to Twitter to defend his contract extension (100)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (51)
- John Wall: ‘I’m the best point guard in the league’ (45)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (39)