Nov 1, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin has his starting job back. For now.
After a back-and-forth preseason Rockets coach Kevin McHale decided to start Patrick Beverley at the point and bring Jeremy Lin in off the bench — and it seemed to work pretty well (Lin had 16 points on 5-of-7 shooting with the second unit). But Beverley played just 10:23 after getting hit in what was described at first as the ribs in the second quarter and he did not return.
Now we learn he could be out for up to two weeks, as reported by Jason Friedman on the Rockets Web site. The injury is being described as “a partial tear of a muscle in his midsection.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 Fantasy Basketball league tonight (Friday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,500. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
James Harden sat out Thursday’s practice but is a go for Houston Friday.
The Rockets won their opening game against Charlotte but now they get more of a challenge — Dallas Friday followed by a road trip that includes the Clippers and Trail Blazers.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11