Nov 1, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Jeremy Lin has his starting job back. For now.
After a back-and-forth preseason Rockets coach Kevin McHale decided to start Patrick Beverley at the point and bring Jeremy Lin in off the bench — and it seemed to work pretty well (Lin had 16 points on 5-of-7 shooting with the second unit). But Beverley played just 10:23 after getting hit in what was described at first as the ribs in the second quarter and he did not return.
Now we learn he could be out for up to two weeks, as reported by Jason Friedman on the Rockets Web site. The injury is being described as “a partial tear of a muscle in his midsection.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 Fantasy Basketball league tonight (Friday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,500. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
James Harden sat out Thursday’s practice but is a go for Houston Friday.
The Rockets won their opening game against Charlotte but now they get more of a challenge — Dallas Friday followed by a road trip that includes the Clippers and Trail Blazers.
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 5
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 32
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 58
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11