Nov 1, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
Jeremy Lin has his starting job back. For now.
After a back-and-forth preseason Rockets coach Kevin McHale decided to start Patrick Beverley at the point and bring Jeremy Lin in off the bench — and it seemed to work pretty well (Lin had 16 points on 5-of-7 shooting with the second unit). But Beverley played just 10:23 after getting hit in what was described at first as the ribs in the second quarter and he did not return.
Now we learn he could be out for up to two weeks, as reported by Jason Friedman on the Rockets Web site. The injury is being described as “a partial tear of a muscle in his midsection.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $25,000 Fantasy Basketball league tonight (Friday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $3,500. Starts at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
James Harden sat out Thursday’s practice but is a go for Houston Friday.
The Rockets won their opening game against Charlotte but now they get more of a challenge — Dallas Friday followed by a road trip that includes the Clippers and Trail Blazers.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 7
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30