Nov 1, 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
It’s overdue, but that shouldn’t take away from the honor.
In the storied history of the Celtics there have been none like Bill Russell — the 11-time NBA champion and one of the greatest players ever, but also a human rights activist, somebody who helped break ground in Boston and on a national stage. He’s a guy who got the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Barack Obama. So a statue of him at City Hall in Boston is fitting. I just wish I could have been around to hear his stories.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 18
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 55
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23