Oct 31, 2013, 5:27 PM EDT
It’s not like Gregg Popovich needed an excuse to keep Tim Duncan out a few games even this early in the season, but now he’s got one.
Tim Duncan is day-to-day with a chest contusion suffered when he caught an elbow in the third quarter against the Grizzlies Wednesday, the team has announced. He will travel with the team on the upcoming three-game road trip but is officially doubtful for Friday night’s nationally televised game against the Lakers.
The good news is there was no broken rib or anything more serious. He may miss a game or three but it’s not that bad.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday’s NBA games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $1,200. Starts Thursday night at 8pm ET. Here’s the link.
Before Lakers fans celebrate that this makes the Spurs easier to beat, remember this is the Spurs — they sent their “big three” home early last season and they still almost beat the Heat. Expect more Tiago Splitter and Boris Diaw in the rotation.
- Klay Thompson should not have been allowed to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 0
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 13
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 12
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 73