Oct 31, 2013, 7:41 PM EDT
It’s been a funky, upset-heavy opening to the NBA season: Philly over Miami, the Lakers over the Clippers and the Suns won their opener as well. What is going on?
Matt Stroup of Rotoworld and I talk if these teams can keep it up, and what players impressed us on the first couple nights of the season — yes, Michael Carter-Williams makes the list.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34