Oct 31, 2013, 2:42 AM EDT
This is a league where water bug point guards who flit around, find a way into the paint and then score among the trees in the paint are the guys driving the game.
Michael Carter-Williams is 6’6″ — the kind of tall point guard Phil Jackson would love. Actually, any coach would love Carter-Williams the way he played in his NBA debut Wednesday night against the Heat.
He started off the game with a steal, a drive the length of the court, then an emphatic slam. He went on to finish with 22 points on 6-of-10 shooting — he hit 4-of-6 from three and that was not supposed to be his strength. MCW had 12 assists to just one turnover.
It’s just one game, but for a Sixers team trying to find and develop young players this was encouraging.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30