Oct 31, 2013, 2:42 AM EDT
This is a league where water bug point guards who flit around, find a way into the paint and then score among the trees in the paint are the guys driving the game.
Michael Carter-Williams is 6’6″ — the kind of tall point guard Phil Jackson would love. Actually, any coach would love Carter-Williams the way he played in his NBA debut Wednesday night against the Heat.
He started off the game with a steal, a drive the length of the court, then an emphatic slam. He went on to finish with 22 points on 6-of-10 shooting — he hit 4-of-6 from three and that was not supposed to be his strength. MCW had 12 assists to just one turnover.
It’s just one game, but for a Sixers team trying to find and develop young players this was encouraging.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 32
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 47
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 16
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11