Oct 31, 2013, 2:42 AM EDT
This is a league where water bug point guards who flit around, find a way into the paint and then score among the trees in the paint are the guys driving the game.
Michael Carter-Williams is 6’6″ — the kind of tall point guard Phil Jackson would love. Actually, any coach would love Carter-Williams the way he played in his NBA debut Wednesday night against the Heat.
He started off the game with a steal, a drive the length of the court, then an emphatic slam. He went on to finish with 22 points on 6-of-10 shooting — he hit 4-of-6 from three and that was not supposed to be his strength. MCW had 12 assists to just one turnover.
It’s just one game, but for a Sixers team trying to find and develop young players this was encouraging.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 8
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 47
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 41
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3