Oct 31, 2013, 2:42 AM EDT
This is a league where water bug point guards who flit around, find a way into the paint and then score among the trees in the paint are the guys driving the game.
Michael Carter-Williams is 6’6″ — the kind of tall point guard Phil Jackson would love. Actually, any coach would love Carter-Williams the way he played in his NBA debut Wednesday night against the Heat.
He started off the game with a steal, a drive the length of the court, then an emphatic slam. He went on to finish with 22 points on 6-of-10 shooting — he hit 4-of-6 from three and that was not supposed to be his strength. MCW had 12 assists to just one turnover.
It’s just one game, but for a Sixers team trying to find and develop young players this was encouraging.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 1
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 54
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 18
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 33
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3