Oct 31, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Metta World Peace (back when he was still Ron Artest) used to take the F Train (the subway, for non New Yorkers) from his Queensbridge home into the city. His brother still lives out in Queensbridge, so for the first Knicks game of the season MWP decided to live like old times and take the train into the game.
Of course, when he did it back then a Knicks camera crew didn’t follow him, but I’m glad they did.
World Peace didn’t exactly bring his “A” game on the train with him as he had 4 points and 4 rebounds in 17 minutes, but the Knicks held on after blowing a 25-point lead to beat the Bucks.
The video above will be part of the Mike Woodson Show on the MSG Network (Friday Nov. 8 at 6 p.m, if you want to watch).
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 6
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 8
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8