Oct 31, 2013, 8:45 AM EST
Metta World Peace (back when he was still Ron Artest) used to take the F Train (the subway, for non New Yorkers) from his Queensbridge home into the city. His brother still lives out in Queensbridge, so for the first Knicks game of the season MWP decided to live like old times and take the train into the game.
Of course, when he did it back then a Knicks camera crew didn’t follow him, but I’m glad they did.
World Peace didn’t exactly bring his “A” game on the train with him as he had 4 points and 4 rebounds in 17 minutes, but the Knicks held on after blowing a 25-point lead to beat the Bucks.
The video above will be part of the Mike Woodson Show on the MSG Network (Friday Nov. 8 at 6 p.m, if you want to watch).
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)