Oct 31, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
John Wall missed the Wizards’ first 33 games last season.
He made a much quicker mark on a league-wide level this season.
Wall became the first player warned by the NBA for flopping. Late in Washington’s loss the Pistons on Wednesday, Wall fell to the court as Kyle Singler ran by him. It’s possible Wall just slipped or the 230-pound Singler created a man-toppling draft, but Wall probably flopped.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday’s NBA games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $1,200. Starts Thursday night at 8pm ET. Here’s the link.
Wall’s next flop will come with a $5,000 fine. If last season is any indication, Wall and other players won’t change because of these penalties.
But Wall must get smart about this. Flopping down seven with two minutes left? That’s just a waste of your warning. Save your flops for more-pivotal situations.
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 49
- Nets announce signing of Jason Collins for remainder of the season 11
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 30
- Pau Gasol says Kobe was right to rip Lakers front office 41
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 33