Oct 31, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
John Wall missed the Wizards’ first 33 games last season.
He made a much quicker mark on a league-wide level this season.
Wall became the first player warned by the NBA for flopping. Late in Washington’s loss the Pistons on Wednesday, Wall fell to the court as Kyle Singler ran by him. It’s possible Wall just slipped or the 230-pound Singler created a man-toppling draft, but Wall probably flopped.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday’s NBA games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $1,200. Starts Thursday night at 8pm ET. Here’s the link.
Wall’s next flop will come with a $5,000 fine. If last season is any indication, Wall and other players won’t change because of these penalties.
But Wall must get smart about this. Flopping down seven with two minutes left? That’s just a waste of your warning. Save your flops for more-pivotal situations.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19