Oct 31, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
John Wall missed the Wizards’ first 33 games last season.
He made a much quicker mark on a league-wide level this season.
Wall became the first player warned by the NBA for flopping. Late in Washington’s loss the Pistons on Wednesday, Wall fell to the court as Kyle Singler ran by him. It’s possible Wall just slipped or the 230-pound Singler created a man-toppling draft, but Wall probably flopped.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday’s NBA games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $1,200. Starts Thursday night at 8pm ET. Here’s the link.
Wall’s next flop will come with a $5,000 fine. If last season is any indication, Wall and other players won’t change because of these penalties.
But Wall must get smart about this. Flopping down seven with two minutes left? That’s just a waste of your warning. Save your flops for more-pivotal situations.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 1
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24