Oct 31, 2013, 7:19 PM EST
John Wall missed the Wizards’ first 33 games last season.
He made a much quicker mark on a league-wide level this season.
Wall became the first player warned by the NBA for flopping. Late in Washington’s loss the Pistons on Wednesday, Wall fell to the court as Kyle Singler ran by him. It’s possible Wall just slipped or the 230-pound Singler created a man-toppling draft, but Wall probably flopped.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday’s NBA games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $1,200. Starts Thursday night at 8pm ET. Here’s the link.
Wall’s next flop will come with a $5,000 fine. If last season is any indication, Wall and other players won’t change because of these penalties.
But Wall must get smart about this. Flopping down seven with two minutes left? That’s just a waste of your warning. Save your flops for more-pivotal situations.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9