Oct 31, 2013, 7:19 PM EDT
John Wall missed the Wizards’ first 33 games last season.
He made a much quicker mark on a league-wide level this season.
Wall became the first player warned by the NBA for flopping. Late in Washington’s loss the Pistons on Wednesday, Wall fell to the court as Kyle Singler ran by him. It’s possible Wall just slipped or the 230-pound Singler created a man-toppling draft, but Wall probably flopped.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $6,000 Fantasy Basketball league that includes Thursday and Friday’s NBA games. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $1,200. Starts Thursday night at 8pm ET. Here’s the link.
Wall’s next flop will come with a $5,000 fine. If last season is any indication, Wall and other players won’t change because of these penalties.
But Wall must get smart about this. Flopping down seven with two minutes left? That’s just a waste of your warning. Save your flops for more-pivotal situations.
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 0
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 3
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 4
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1