Oct 31, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
We told you it was coming, we just didn’t know the price. Now we do and it is a great deal for the Grizzlies.
Memphis has in house a guy starting to find his role as a floor-spacing shooter in Quincy Pondexter, and they were able to lock him up for four years at a very reasonable $14 million — the signing the teams made official, the numbers are from Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
I’ll say it again, that is a great price for Memphis.
Memphis needs shooting and Pondexter is becoming their home-grown guy to do that off the bench. Last season he hit 39.5 percent from three and 45 percent on corner threes (in the Grizzlies season opener this year he was 2-of-4 from three and had 13 points).
His defense and the rest of his game needs to round out, but now he’s got four years to work on it.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 46
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 64
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 39
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3