Oct 31, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
We told you it was coming, we just didn’t know the price. Now we do and it is a great deal for the Grizzlies.
Memphis has in house a guy starting to find his role as a floor-spacing shooter in Quincy Pondexter, and they were able to lock him up for four years at a very reasonable $14 million — the signing the teams made official, the numbers are from Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
I’ll say it again, that is a great price for Memphis.
Memphis needs shooting and Pondexter is becoming their home-grown guy to do that off the bench. Last season he hit 39.5 percent from three and 45 percent on corner threes (in the Grizzlies season opener this year he was 2-of-4 from three and had 13 points).
His defense and the rest of his game needs to round out, but now he’s got four years to work on it.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 7
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9