Oct 31, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
We told you it was coming, we just didn’t know the price. Now we do and it is a great deal for the Grizzlies.
Memphis has in house a guy starting to find his role as a floor-spacing shooter in Quincy Pondexter, and they were able to lock him up for four years at a very reasonable $14 million — the signing the teams made official, the numbers are from Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
I’ll say it again, that is a great price for Memphis.
Memphis needs shooting and Pondexter is becoming their home-grown guy to do that off the bench. Last season he hit 39.5 percent from three and 45 percent on corner threes (in the Grizzlies season opener this year he was 2-of-4 from three and had 13 points).
His defense and the rest of his game needs to round out, but now he’s got four years to work on it.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6