Oct 31, 2013, 8:54 PM EDT
We told you it was coming, we just didn’t know the price. Now we do and it is a great deal for the Grizzlies.
Memphis has in house a guy starting to find his role as a floor-spacing shooter in Quincy Pondexter, and they were able to lock him up for four years at a very reasonable $14 million — the signing the teams made official, the numbers are from Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
I’ll say it again, that is a great price for Memphis.
Memphis needs shooting and Pondexter is becoming their home-grown guy to do that off the bench. Last season he hit 39.5 percent from three and 45 percent on corner threes (in the Grizzlies season opener this year he was 2-of-4 from three and had 13 points).
His defense and the rest of his game needs to round out, but now he’s got four years to work on it.
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 0
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 21
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 7
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18