Oct 31, 2013, 8:54 PM EST
We told you it was coming, we just didn’t know the price. Now we do and it is a great deal for the Grizzlies.
Memphis has in house a guy starting to find his role as a floor-spacing shooter in Quincy Pondexter, and they were able to lock him up for four years at a very reasonable $14 million — the signing the teams made official, the numbers are from Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com.
I’ll say it again, that is a great price for Memphis.
Memphis needs shooting and Pondexter is becoming their home-grown guy to do that off the bench. Last season he hit 39.5 percent from three and 45 percent on corner threes (in the Grizzlies season opener this year he was 2-of-4 from three and had 13 points).
His defense and the rest of his game needs to round out, but now he’s got four years to work on it.
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 0
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 13
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30