Oct 31, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins got his max extension, and while some questioned the move the questions were not about talent — he can be the best center in the league in five years (or less) if he wants it.
Wednesday night he showed that off against the Nuggets, dropping 30 points and pulling down 14 rebounds on them. Cousins did a good job moving without the ball, rolling and finding space. However, my favorite in his highlight package comes at the :30 second mark — watch how he just abuses JaVale McGee in the post. Too strong and too quick.
He helped lead the Kings to a 90-88 opening night win over Denver on a night they were celebrating the Kings still being in Sacramento.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 2
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 1
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 52
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6