Oct 31, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
DeMarcus Cousins got his max extension, and while some questioned the move the questions were not about talent — he can be the best center in the league in five years (or less) if he wants it.
Wednesday night he showed that off against the Nuggets, dropping 30 points and pulling down 14 rebounds on them. Cousins did a good job moving without the ball, rolling and finding space. However, my favorite in his highlight package comes at the :30 second mark — watch how he just abuses JaVale McGee in the post. Too strong and too quick.
He helped lead the Kings to a 90-88 opening night win over Denver on a night they were celebrating the Kings still being in Sacramento.
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 0
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 17
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 44
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 3
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 108
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 14
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 79