Oct 30, 2013, 4:45 PM EDT
Allen Iverson made it official, retiring from the game of basketball at a press conference on Wednesday. He will be honored later at the Sixers season home opener.
At his press conference Iverson talked about Michael Jordan, Larry Brown and John Thompson among the big influences on his basketball life.
But he also has a special spot for former teammate Aaron McKie.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34