Oct 30, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
Welcome back to the NBA, Derrick Rose.
He looked rusty on this play, where Miami’s Norris Cole brings the ball up quickly, starts to move towards a Chris Andersen screen — Rose starts to anticipate the contact and Cole crosses him up and gets the wide-open jumper.
Rose says he wasn’t rusty, that he shot 4-of-15 because he was just missing shots. Okay, you can define that difference for yourself. Rose looked great in the preseason, but that was the preseason, the Heat are a long and athletic team that makes life difficult for penetrating guards because they have guys who can cut off angles, and when they did that to Rose he chose some rather poor shots. However you define it, we know Rose will have better games.
Not sure if Norris Cole has a better move in him.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 37
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 48
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42