Oct 30, 2013, 11:11 AM EDT
Welcome back to the NBA, Derrick Rose.
He looked rusty on this play, where Miami’s Norris Cole brings the ball up quickly, starts to move towards a Chris Andersen screen — Rose starts to anticipate the contact and Cole crosses him up and gets the wide-open jumper.
Rose says he wasn’t rusty, that he shot 4-of-15 because he was just missing shots. Okay, you can define that difference for yourself. Rose looked great in the preseason, but that was the preseason, the Heat are a long and athletic team that makes life difficult for penetrating guards because they have guys who can cut off angles, and when they did that to Rose he chose some rather poor shots. However you define it, we know Rose will have better games.
Not sure if Norris Cole has a better move in him.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2