Oct 30, 2013, 11:11 AM EST
Welcome back to the NBA, Derrick Rose.
He looked rusty on this play, where Miami’s Norris Cole brings the ball up quickly, starts to move towards a Chris Andersen screen — Rose starts to anticipate the contact and Cole crosses him up and gets the wide-open jumper.
Rose says he wasn’t rusty, that he shot 4-of-15 because he was just missing shots. Okay, you can define that difference for yourself. Rose looked great in the preseason, but that was the preseason, the Heat are a long and athletic team that makes life difficult for penetrating guards because they have guys who can cut off angles, and when they did that to Rose he chose some rather poor shots. However you define it, we know Rose will have better games.
Not sure if Norris Cole has a better move in him.
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 0
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 6
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25