Oct 30, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Lamar Odom‘s downward spiral has taken him out of the NBA.
Mark Cuban watched him through a tough year in Dallas — before the lockout ended Odom had talked with those around him about taking a season off, they encouraged him not to, then when he got traded from the Lakers to the Mavericks it was the first domino in a long string of things that has led to an apparently dark place. Cuban talked a little about that and kicking him off the team.
Odom is an emotional guy who has been surrounded by more death at age 33 then most of us will see in a lifetime (including his own child), hopefully he can bounce back. I’m not sure he gets back to the NBA, but just getting out of the place he seems to be now would be a welcome sight.
If you want to see Cuban rant about the Securities and Exchange Commission, check out his full interview.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32