Oct 30, 2013, 11:33 AM EST
Lamar Odom‘s downward spiral has taken him out of the NBA.
Mark Cuban watched him through a tough year in Dallas — before the lockout ended Odom had talked with those around him about taking a season off, they encouraged him not to, then when he got traded from the Lakers to the Mavericks it was the first domino in a long string of things that has led to an apparently dark place. Cuban talked a little about that and kicking him off the team.
Odom is an emotional guy who has been surrounded by more death at age 33 then most of us will see in a lifetime (including his own child), hopefully he can bounce back. I’m not sure he gets back to the NBA, but just getting out of the place he seems to be now would be a welcome sight.
If you want to see Cuban rant about the Securities and Exchange Commission, check out his full interview.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 7
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 23
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 4
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 4
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 5
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11