Oct 30, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Lamar Odom‘s downward spiral has taken him out of the NBA.
Mark Cuban watched him through a tough year in Dallas — before the lockout ended Odom had talked with those around him about taking a season off, they encouraged him not to, then when he got traded from the Lakers to the Mavericks it was the first domino in a long string of things that has led to an apparently dark place. Cuban talked a little about that and kicking him off the team.
Odom is an emotional guy who has been surrounded by more death at age 33 then most of us will see in a lifetime (including his own child), hopefully he can bounce back. I’m not sure he gets back to the NBA, but just getting out of the place he seems to be now would be a welcome sight.
If you want to see Cuban rant about the Securities and Exchange Commission, check out his full interview.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30