Oct 30, 2013, 11:33 AM EDT
Lamar Odom‘s downward spiral has taken him out of the NBA.
Mark Cuban watched him through a tough year in Dallas — before the lockout ended Odom had talked with those around him about taking a season off, they encouraged him not to, then when he got traded from the Lakers to the Mavericks it was the first domino in a long string of things that has led to an apparently dark place. Cuban talked a little about that and kicking him off the team.
Odom is an emotional guy who has been surrounded by more death at age 33 then most of us will see in a lifetime (including his own child), hopefully he can bounce back. I’m not sure he gets back to the NBA, but just getting out of the place he seems to be now would be a welcome sight.
If you want to see Cuban rant about the Securities and Exchange Commission, check out his full interview.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8