Oct 30, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Nobody saw this coming.
The Lakers second string — Jordan Farmar, Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, Jodie Meeks and Jordan Hill — put up 41 points on 65.2 percent shooting, with an off-the-charts offensive rating of 154.6 points per 100 possessions in the fourth quarter. They scored the Lakers’ final 46 points, taking a close opening night game and blowing it wide open.
Winning that way may not be sustainable, but Lakers fans — not to mention players — sure savored it Tuesday night after a summer of hearing how much better the Clippers were than them.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 22
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 24
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8