Oct 30, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Nobody saw this coming.
The Lakers second string — Jordan Farmar, Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, Jodie Meeks and Jordan Hill — put up 41 points on 65.2 percent shooting, with an off-the-charts offensive rating of 154.6 points per 100 possessions in the fourth quarter. They scored the Lakers’ final 46 points, taking a close opening night game and blowing it wide open.
Winning that way may not be sustainable, but Lakers fans — not to mention players — sure savored it Tuesday night after a summer of hearing how much better the Clippers were than them.
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 1
- Spurs give the ball away first, then Game 2 to Dallas 8
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 4
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 12