Oct 30, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Nobody saw this coming.
The Lakers second string — Jordan Farmar, Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, Jodie Meeks and Jordan Hill — put up 41 points on 65.2 percent shooting, with an off-the-charts offensive rating of 154.6 points per 100 possessions in the fourth quarter. They scored the Lakers’ final 46 points, taking a close opening night game and blowing it wide open.
Winning that way may not be sustainable, but Lakers fans — not to mention players — sure savored it Tuesday night after a summer of hearing how much better the Clippers were than them.
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 5
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 5
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 2