Oct 30, 2013, 8:45 AM EDT
Nobody saw this coming.
The Lakers second string — Jordan Farmar, Xavier Henry, Wesley Johnson, Jodie Meeks and Jordan Hill — put up 41 points on 65.2 percent shooting, with an off-the-charts offensive rating of 154.6 points per 100 possessions in the fourth quarter. They scored the Lakers’ final 46 points, taking a close opening night game and blowing it wide open.
Winning that way may not be sustainable, but Lakers fans — not to mention players — sure savored it Tuesday night after a summer of hearing how much better the Clippers were than them.
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 0
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 13
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 32
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 11
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9