Oct 30, 2013, 11:18 PM EST
Minnesota was in danger of dropping their home opener to an Orlando team on the second night of a road back-to-back — then Kevin Love showed he has the clutch gene.
As our own D.J. Foster noted on twitter, Rick Adelman loves this elevator screen on the sideline out of bounds — and it worked to perfection here (they beat the Clippers with it last season). Love springs out for the three while Orlando defenders clearly expect someone to switch out on him, that doesn’t happen and watch Nikola Pekovic do a really good imitation of a Minnesota Vikings guard blocking for Adrian Peterson by moving his feet and keeping his man in front of him (which is not legal in the NBA but he got away with it).
Love buried the shot and the Timberwolves went on to win 120-115. It wasn’t all pretty but if your goal is to make the playoffs they aren’t all going to be that way and the Timberwolves got the win.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
Very nice gesture
Nov 27, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
He missed seven games with a hamstring injury.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
Beal’s max extension projects to pay more than $118 million over five years
Nov 27, 2014, 1:37 AM EST
LeBron James and the Cavaliers were good, Chase Budinger had the flub.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:28 AM EST
Ish Smith will stay on the roster.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
If the Cavs can defend like that on a regular basis they will be far more dangerous.
Nov 26, 2014, 10:45 PM EST
Bulls, Pacers, Bucks, Pistons to Western Conference
Nov 26, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
He also talks Milwaukee, doing away with conferences.
Nov 26, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
With Popovich out, Ettore Messina takes over Spurs
Nov 26, 2014, 8:00 PM EST
Maverick shows off long arms
Nov 26, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Harden shifts defensive-woes attention onto Knicks forward
Nov 26, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Haywoode Workman should have let it fly
Nov 26, 2014, 4:59 PM EST
You have to like that he wants to step up, but based on history, a lot of top point guards in the league just started drooling.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
Don’t forget to be thankful for the Raptors, too.
Nov 26, 2014, 3:02 PM EST
Nov 26, 2014, 2:02 PM EST
Suns have three capable guards, and Thomas is the one coming off the bench.
Nov 26, 2014, 1:15 PM EST
Anthony was in severe pain after suffering back spasms on Monday against the Rockets.
Nov 26, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
Chandler didn’t fit the triangle but Rick Carlisle knew how to use him properly.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:45 AM EST
West has been out since the preseason with an ankle injury.
Nov 26, 2014, 11:05 AM EST
Clark had his best NBA season with L.A. back in 2013.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13