Oct 30, 2013, 11:18 PM EDT
Minnesota was in danger of dropping their home opener to an Orlando team on the second night of a road back-to-back — then Kevin Love showed he has the clutch gene.
As our own D.J. Foster noted on twitter, Rick Adelman loves this elevator screen on the sideline out of bounds — and it worked to perfection here (they beat the Clippers with it last season). Love springs out for the three while Orlando defenders clearly expect someone to switch out on him, that doesn’t happen and watch Nikola Pekovic do a really good imitation of a Minnesota Vikings guard blocking for Adrian Peterson by moving his feet and keeping his man in front of him (which is not legal in the NBA but he got away with it).
Love buried the shot and the Timberwolves went on to win 120-115. It wasn’t all pretty but if your goal is to make the playoffs they aren’t all going to be that way and the Timberwolves got the win.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18