Oct 30, 2013, 11:18 PM EDT
Minnesota was in danger of dropping their home opener to an Orlando team on the second night of a road back-to-back — then Kevin Love showed he has the clutch gene.
As our own D.J. Foster noted on twitter, Rick Adelman loves this elevator screen on the sideline out of bounds — and it worked to perfection here (they beat the Clippers with it last season). Love springs out for the three while Orlando defenders clearly expect someone to switch out on him, that doesn’t happen and watch Nikola Pekovic do a really good imitation of a Minnesota Vikings guard blocking for Adrian Peterson by moving his feet and keeping his man in front of him (which is not legal in the NBA but he got away with it).
Love buried the shot and the Timberwolves went on to win 120-115. It wasn’t all pretty but if your goal is to make the playoffs they aren’t all going to be that way and the Timberwolves got the win.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65