Oct 30, 2013, 11:18 PM EDT
Minnesota was in danger of dropping their home opener to an Orlando team on the second night of a road back-to-back — then Kevin Love showed he has the clutch gene.
As our own D.J. Foster noted on twitter, Rick Adelman loves this elevator screen on the sideline out of bounds — and it worked to perfection here (they beat the Clippers with it last season). Love springs out for the three while Orlando defenders clearly expect someone to switch out on him, that doesn’t happen and watch Nikola Pekovic do a really good imitation of a Minnesota Vikings guard blocking for Adrian Peterson by moving his feet and keeping his man in front of him (which is not legal in the NBA but he got away with it).
Love buried the shot and the Timberwolves went on to win 120-115. It wasn’t all pretty but if your goal is to make the playoffs they aren’t all going to be that way and the Timberwolves got the win.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 21
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 10
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 9
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 18