Oct 30, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
Things change fast — just ignore everything we wrote earlier today (based on what was being said in Cleveland this morning):
Just this afternoon Andrew Bynum has been medically cleared to play and will be active for the Cavaliers as they host the Brooklyn Nets Wednesday night, reports Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal.
He will not start and he is expected to play only one stretch of the game, probably 10 minutes or so, but he is active and for the first time in more than a year he will be on the court.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Bynum has been playing 5-on-5 in practice recently but the Cavaliers had been cautious with his return. Last season he sat out the entire season in Philadelphia with a series of knee issues — and the fan base was frustrated with his seeming indifference about getting healthy and on the court. The Sixers traded Andre Iguodala for him and after the setback season the Sixers decided to blow it up and get worse to get better through the lottery.
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 1
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 1
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 14
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10