Oct 30, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
Things change fast — just ignore everything we wrote earlier today (based on what was being said in Cleveland this morning):
Just this afternoon Andrew Bynum has been medically cleared to play and will be active for the Cavaliers as they host the Brooklyn Nets Wednesday night, reports Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal.
He will not start and he is expected to play only one stretch of the game, probably 10 minutes or so, but he is active and for the first time in more than a year he will be on the court.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Bynum has been playing 5-on-5 in practice recently but the Cavaliers had been cautious with his return. Last season he sat out the entire season in Philadelphia with a series of knee issues — and the fan base was frustrated with his seeming indifference about getting healthy and on the court. The Sixers traded Andre Iguodala for him and after the setback season the Sixers decided to blow it up and get worse to get better through the lottery.
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 1
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 34
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17