Oct 30, 2013, 6:25 PM EDT
Things change fast — just ignore everything we wrote earlier today (based on what was being said in Cleveland this morning):
Just this afternoon Andrew Bynum has been medically cleared to play and will be active for the Cavaliers as they host the Brooklyn Nets Wednesday night, reports Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal.
He will not start and he is expected to play only one stretch of the game, probably 10 minutes or so, but he is active and for the first time in more than a year he will be on the court.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Bynum has been playing 5-on-5 in practice recently but the Cavaliers had been cautious with his return. Last season he sat out the entire season in Philadelphia with a series of knee issues — and the fan base was frustrated with his seeming indifference about getting healthy and on the court. The Sixers traded Andre Iguodala for him and after the setback season the Sixers decided to blow it up and get worse to get better through the lottery.
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 7
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 0
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 12
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15