Oct 29, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
It’s not really a surprise, Wilson Chandler has been battling a hamstring injury for weeks and those are slow to heal, but now it is official:
Chandler is on the Nuggets inactive list for the season opener Wednesday at Sacramento. That is certainly a blow because in an ideal world the Nuggets rotation at the three spot is Danilo Gallinari and Chandler, now both will be out for this game. Hope you Nuggets fans like Jordan Hamilton a lot.
The bigger blow could be Ty Lawson, who is not expected to go Wednesday due to a groin injury. He is the guy that is going to make their offense really go this season, especially with Gallinari out.
Denver could run a starting lineup of Andre Miller, Evan Fournier (Randy Foye has a hip injury and may sit), Hamilton, J.J. Hickson and JaVale McGee. And you know that Sacramento is going to be a tough place to play opening night as that city celebrates keeping the Kings in town in a big way.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 7
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 5
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 28
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2