Oct 29, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
It’s not really a surprise, Wilson Chandler has been battling a hamstring injury for weeks and those are slow to heal, but now it is official:
Chandler is on the Nuggets inactive list for the season opener Wednesday at Sacramento. That is certainly a blow because in an ideal world the Nuggets rotation at the three spot is Danilo Gallinari and Chandler, now both will be out for this game. Hope you Nuggets fans like Jordan Hamilton a lot.
The bigger blow could be Ty Lawson, who is not expected to go Wednesday due to a groin injury. He is the guy that is going to make their offense really go this season, especially with Gallinari out.
Denver could run a starting lineup of Andre Miller, Evan Fournier (Randy Foye has a hip injury and may sit), Hamilton, J.J. Hickson and JaVale McGee. And you know that Sacramento is going to be a tough place to play opening night as that city celebrates keeping the Kings in town in a big way.
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 0
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 3
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 21
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 61
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 82