Oct 29, 2013, 10:29 AM EST
It’s not really a surprise, Wilson Chandler has been battling a hamstring injury for weeks and those are slow to heal, but now it is official:
Chandler is on the Nuggets inactive list for the season opener Wednesday at Sacramento. That is certainly a blow because in an ideal world the Nuggets rotation at the three spot is Danilo Gallinari and Chandler, now both will be out for this game. Hope you Nuggets fans like Jordan Hamilton a lot.
The bigger blow could be Ty Lawson, who is not expected to go Wednesday due to a groin injury. He is the guy that is going to make their offense really go this season, especially with Gallinari out.
Denver could run a starting lineup of Andre Miller, Evan Fournier (Randy Foye has a hip injury and may sit), Hamilton, J.J. Hickson and JaVale McGee. And you know that Sacramento is going to be a tough place to play opening night as that city celebrates keeping the Kings in town in a big way.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 2
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 3
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9