Oct 29, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
It’s not really a surprise, Wilson Chandler has been battling a hamstring injury for weeks and those are slow to heal, but now it is official:
Chandler is on the Nuggets inactive list for the season opener Wednesday at Sacramento. That is certainly a blow because in an ideal world the Nuggets rotation at the three spot is Danilo Gallinari and Chandler, now both will be out for this game. Hope you Nuggets fans like Jordan Hamilton a lot.
The bigger blow could be Ty Lawson, who is not expected to go Wednesday due to a groin injury. He is the guy that is going to make their offense really go this season, especially with Gallinari out.
Denver could run a starting lineup of Andre Miller, Evan Fournier (Randy Foye has a hip injury and may sit), Hamilton, J.J. Hickson and JaVale McGee. And you know that Sacramento is going to be a tough place to play opening night as that city celebrates keeping the Kings in town in a big way.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29