Oct 29, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
It’s not really a surprise, Wilson Chandler has been battling a hamstring injury for weeks and those are slow to heal, but now it is official:
Chandler is on the Nuggets inactive list for the season opener Wednesday at Sacramento. That is certainly a blow because in an ideal world the Nuggets rotation at the three spot is Danilo Gallinari and Chandler, now both will be out for this game. Hope you Nuggets fans like Jordan Hamilton a lot.
The bigger blow could be Ty Lawson, who is not expected to go Wednesday due to a groin injury. He is the guy that is going to make their offense really go this season, especially with Gallinari out.
Denver could run a starting lineup of Andre Miller, Evan Fournier (Randy Foye has a hip injury and may sit), Hamilton, J.J. Hickson and JaVale McGee. And you know that Sacramento is going to be a tough place to play opening night as that city celebrates keeping the Kings in town in a big way.
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18