Oct 29, 2013, 9:22 PM EDT
The Heat and the Bulls are the marquee matchup on opening night, but the Pacers and the Magic actually got the season started earlier in the evening.
Orlando is hanging much closer than expected on the road against the team that finished last season just a game short of making the Finals, but one thing that hasn’t changed is Roy Hibbert‘s dominance inside.
Jason Maxiell elevated for a baseline jam midway through the third quarter, perhaps thinking that Hibbert had rotated too far away to get back in time to challenge the shot. He chose poorly, as Hibbert not only got back, but timed his jump perfectly to meet Maxiell in midair and come away with the violent rejection.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31