Oct 29, 2013, 9:22 PM EST
The Heat and the Bulls are the marquee matchup on opening night, but the Pacers and the Magic actually got the season started earlier in the evening.
Orlando is hanging much closer than expected on the road against the team that finished last season just a game short of making the Finals, but one thing that hasn’t changed is Roy Hibbert‘s dominance inside.
Jason Maxiell elevated for a baseline jam midway through the third quarter, perhaps thinking that Hibbert had rotated too far away to get back in time to challenge the shot. He chose poorly, as Hibbert not only got back, but timed his jump perfectly to meet Maxiell in midair and come away with the violent rejection.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 3
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 16
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12