Oct 29, 2013, 9:22 PM EST
The Heat and the Bulls are the marquee matchup on opening night, but the Pacers and the Magic actually got the season started earlier in the evening.
Orlando is hanging much closer than expected on the road against the team that finished last season just a game short of making the Finals, but one thing that hasn’t changed is Roy Hibbert‘s dominance inside.
Jason Maxiell elevated for a baseline jam midway through the third quarter, perhaps thinking that Hibbert had rotated too far away to get back in time to challenge the shot. He chose poorly, as Hibbert not only got back, but timed his jump perfectly to meet Maxiell in midair and come away with the violent rejection.
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 0
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 7
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)