Oct 29, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
“When Dallas got their rings (Christmas Day 2011, the first game after the lockout), we wanted to embarrass them on their home floor, wanted to defecate on their night. We know (the Bulls) want to do that to us and they want to spoil what we have going.”
The Bulls and Heat have the best rivalry going in the NBA right now, a dislike built up through the Heat knocking the Bulls out of the playoffs two of the last three seasons. The last two years the Bulls have been in the playoffs without Derrick Rose, now he is back and they feel they have a legit shot to knock the Heat off the top of the mountain.
Real rivalries are built through the playoffs. The Knicks vs. Nets, the Lakers vs. Clippers have some tension but it’s not the same because it lacks the animosity a playoff series breeds. The Heat and the Bulls genuinely dislike each other and that makes their meetings must watch.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9