Oct 29, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
“When Dallas got their rings (Christmas Day 2011, the first game after the lockout), we wanted to embarrass them on their home floor, wanted to defecate on their night. We know (the Bulls) want to do that to us and they want to spoil what we have going.”
The Bulls and Heat have the best rivalry going in the NBA right now, a dislike built up through the Heat knocking the Bulls out of the playoffs two of the last three seasons. The last two years the Bulls have been in the playoffs without Derrick Rose, now he is back and they feel they have a legit shot to knock the Heat off the top of the mountain.
Real rivalries are built through the playoffs. The Knicks vs. Nets, the Lakers vs. Clippers have some tension but it’s not the same because it lacks the animosity a playoff series breeds. The Heat and the Bulls genuinely dislike each other and that makes their meetings must watch.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6