Oct 29, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
“When Dallas got their rings (Christmas Day 2011, the first game after the lockout), we wanted to embarrass them on their home floor, wanted to defecate on their night. We know (the Bulls) want to do that to us and they want to spoil what we have going.”
The Bulls and Heat have the best rivalry going in the NBA right now, a dislike built up through the Heat knocking the Bulls out of the playoffs two of the last three seasons. The last two years the Bulls have been in the playoffs without Derrick Rose, now he is back and they feel they have a legit shot to knock the Heat off the top of the mountain.
Real rivalries are built through the playoffs. The Knicks vs. Nets, the Lakers vs. Clippers have some tension but it’s not the same because it lacks the animosity a playoff series breeds. The Heat and the Bulls genuinely dislike each other and that makes their meetings must watch.
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 2
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10