Oct 29, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
“When Dallas got their rings (Christmas Day 2011, the first game after the lockout), we wanted to embarrass them on their home floor, wanted to defecate on their night. We know (the Bulls) want to do that to us and they want to spoil what we have going.”
The Bulls and Heat have the best rivalry going in the NBA right now, a dislike built up through the Heat knocking the Bulls out of the playoffs two of the last three seasons. The last two years the Bulls have been in the playoffs without Derrick Rose, now he is back and they feel they have a legit shot to knock the Heat off the top of the mountain.
Real rivalries are built through the playoffs. The Knicks vs. Nets, the Lakers vs. Clippers have some tension but it’s not the same because it lacks the animosity a playoff series breeds. The Heat and the Bulls genuinely dislike each other and that makes their meetings must watch.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 30
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13