Oct 29, 2013, 1:02 PM EST
“When Dallas got their rings (Christmas Day 2011, the first game after the lockout), we wanted to embarrass them on their home floor, wanted to defecate on their night. We know (the Bulls) want to do that to us and they want to spoil what we have going.”
The Bulls and Heat have the best rivalry going in the NBA right now, a dislike built up through the Heat knocking the Bulls out of the playoffs two of the last three seasons. The last two years the Bulls have been in the playoffs without Derrick Rose, now he is back and they feel they have a legit shot to knock the Heat off the top of the mountain.
Real rivalries are built through the playoffs. The Knicks vs. Nets, the Lakers vs. Clippers have some tension but it’s not the same because it lacks the animosity a playoff series breeds. The Heat and the Bulls genuinely dislike each other and that makes their meetings must watch.
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 9
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 29
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 8
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 5