Oct 29, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
Expectations are high in the Bay Area — their beloved Warriors are finally good, making it to the second round of the playoffs last season, then they went out and added Andre Iguodala this summer.
But this is not how you want to start the season.
Harrison Barnes will be out at least the first two games of the regular season due to a left foot inflammation that has had him sidelined for the past three weeks, tweets Marcus Thompson of the Bay Area News Group.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
There was a chance that Barnes could have started this season and Klay Thompson would come off the bench, but coach Mark Jackson said Thompson earned the starting spot.
Barnes is going to be a spark plug sixth man for this team this season, coming off the bench with his athleticism and making plays at both ends of the floor. Or, at least he can be that guy if he accepts moving from the starting lineup to the bench (he’s said all the right things, but we need to see it in action before we fully buy in).
Still no need to rush him back, it’s about the long haul not the first couple games.
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 4
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 9
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 10
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 43