Oct 29, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
The Heat and the Bulls tipped off the 2013-14 season on national television Tuesday, and while the night began with Miami re-living the way the 2013 season ended, Derrick Rose quickly shifted focus to what the upcoming season may bring.
After being ripped in the open floor by Mario Chalmers on his first possession, Rose quickly recovered, and showed the explosiveness and athleticism we missed all of last season.
Rose scored his first basket of the regular season with 10:22 remaining the first quarter, on a pretty drive to the rim which featured an acrobatic finish.
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 0
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 1
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 3
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 1
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 5
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 24
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 10