Oct 29, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
The Heat and the Bulls tipped off the 2013-14 season on national television Tuesday, and while the night began with Miami re-living the way the 2013 season ended, Derrick Rose quickly shifted focus to what the upcoming season may bring.
After being ripped in the open floor by Mario Chalmers on his first possession, Rose quickly recovered, and showed the explosiveness and athleticism we missed all of last season.
Rose scored his first basket of the regular season with 10:22 remaining the first quarter, on a pretty drive to the rim which featured an acrobatic finish.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20