Oct 29, 2013, 8:45 PM EDT
The Heat and the Bulls tipped off the 2013-14 season on national television Tuesday, and while the night began with Miami re-living the way the 2013 season ended, Derrick Rose quickly shifted focus to what the upcoming season may bring.
After being ripped in the open floor by Mario Chalmers on his first possession, Rose quickly recovered, and showed the explosiveness and athleticism we missed all of last season.
Rose scored his first basket of the regular season with 10:22 remaining the first quarter, on a pretty drive to the rim which featured an acrobatic finish.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 1
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 1
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 25
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15