Oct 29, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
The Heat and the Bulls tipped off the 2013-14 season on national television Tuesday, and while the night began with Miami re-living the way the 2013 season ended, Derrick Rose quickly shifted focus to what the upcoming season may bring.
After being ripped in the open floor by Mario Chalmers on his first possession, Rose quickly recovered, and showed the explosiveness and athleticism we missed all of last season.
Rose scored his first basket of the regular season with 10:22 remaining the first quarter, on a pretty drive to the rim which featured an acrobatic finish.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 15
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 14
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5