Oct 29, 2013, 8:45 PM EST
The Heat and the Bulls tipped off the 2013-14 season on national television Tuesday, and while the night began with Miami re-living the way the 2013 season ended, Derrick Rose quickly shifted focus to what the upcoming season may bring.
After being ripped in the open floor by Mario Chalmers on his first possession, Rose quickly recovered, and showed the explosiveness and athleticism we missed all of last season.
Rose scored his first basket of the regular season with 10:22 remaining the first quarter, on a pretty drive to the rim which featured an acrobatic finish.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 11
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14