Oct 29, 2013, 1:24 PM EST
The charges have been dropped after the girlfriend and alleged victim refused to testify against him, but there are still repercussions from Jared Sullinger’s offseason arrest for on a domestic violence charge.
The Boston Celtics have suspended Sullinger from the team’s opening night game Wednesday night in Toronto, an announcement the organization made Tuesday. He will play in the team’s home opener Friday against Milwaukee.
“Jared’s case was dismissed yesterday in Waltham District Court,” Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge said in a released statement. “While we are satisfied that this was the correct ruling, we are suspending Jared for one game because he failed to meet the high expectations we have for all Celtics employees.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Consider this a bit of a pre-emptive strike by Boston, as CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely explains.
We don’t know what happened in this case. I will tell you as a guy who spent years as a crime reporter the number of domestic violence charges dropped because the alleged victim refused to testify and took the alleged abuser back is shockingly high; but again in this particular case we have no idea what really happened.
Still good on the Celtics for at least trying to send some message with this.
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 2
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 1
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 13
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 12
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19
- Kevin Durant on idea stars wouldn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘That’s bulls—‘ 48
- Former Warriors coach Mark Jackson meets with Kings GM, DeMarcus Cousins after Tuesday night’s game 25
- PBT’s Tuesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Grizzlies grind ends Warriors streak 12