Oct 29, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
The charges have been dropped after the girlfriend and alleged victim refused to testify against him, but there are still repercussions from Jared Sullinger’s offseason arrest for on a domestic violence charge.
The Boston Celtics have suspended Sullinger from the team’s opening night game Wednesday night in Toronto, an announcement the organization made Tuesday. He will play in the team’s home opener Friday against Milwaukee.
“Jared’s case was dismissed yesterday in Waltham District Court,” Celtics President of Basketball Operations Danny Ainge said in a released statement. “While we are satisfied that this was the correct ruling, we are suspending Jared for one game because he failed to meet the high expectations we have for all Celtics employees.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Consider this a bit of a pre-emptive strike by Boston, as CSNNE.com’s A. Sherrod Blakely explains.
We don’t know what happened in this case. I will tell you as a guy who spent years as a crime reporter the number of domestic violence charges dropped because the alleged victim refused to testify and took the alleged abuser back is shockingly high; but again in this particular case we have no idea what really happened.
Still good on the Celtics for at least trying to send some message with this.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 9
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7