Oct 29, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
It’s nice to know that President Obama is anticipating the start of the NBA season as much as the rest of us. Or, should we say, the staffer who runs his Twitter account.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) October 29, 2013
The disclaimer on the President’s official page — which has over 39 million followers — specifically states that messages directly from Obama himself will be signed to let us know that he in fact was the one who sent them.
“This account is run by Organizing for Action staff. Tweets from the President are signed -bo.”
This one doesn’t have the signature, but the fact that Obama rose to political prominence in the city of Chicago tells us that while he may not have originated the message himself, he almost certainly endorses its content.
The Bulls, of course, tip off the NBA season in Miami against the defending champion Heat on Tuesday night.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30