Oct 29, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
It’s nice to know that President Obama is anticipating the start of the NBA season as much as the rest of us. Or, should we say, the staffer who runs his Twitter account.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) October 29, 2013
The disclaimer on the President’s official page — which has over 39 million followers — specifically states that messages directly from Obama himself will be signed to let us know that he in fact was the one who sent them.
“This account is run by Organizing for Action staff. Tweets from the President are signed -bo.”
This one doesn’t have the signature, but the fact that Obama rose to political prominence in the city of Chicago tells us that while he may not have originated the message himself, he almost certainly endorses its content.
The Bulls, of course, tip off the NBA season in Miami against the defending champion Heat on Tuesday night.
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 8
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 38
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13