Oct 29, 2013, 7:50 PM EST
It’s nice to know that President Obama is anticipating the start of the NBA season as much as the rest of us. Or, should we say, the staffer who runs his Twitter account.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) October 29, 2013
The disclaimer on the President’s official page — which has over 39 million followers — specifically states that messages directly from Obama himself will be signed to let us know that he in fact was the one who sent them.
“This account is run by Organizing for Action staff. Tweets from the President are signed -bo.”
This one doesn’t have the signature, but the fact that Obama rose to political prominence in the city of Chicago tells us that while he may not have originated the message himself, he almost certainly endorses its content.
The Bulls, of course, tip off the NBA season in Miami against the defending champion Heat on Tuesday night.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)