Oct 29, 2013, 7:50 PM EDT
It’s nice to know that President Obama is anticipating the start of the NBA season as much as the rest of us. Or, should we say, the staffer who runs his Twitter account.
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) October 29, 2013
The disclaimer on the President’s official page — which has over 39 million followers — specifically states that messages directly from Obama himself will be signed to let us know that he in fact was the one who sent them.
“This account is run by Organizing for Action staff. Tweets from the President are signed -bo.”
This one doesn’t have the signature, but the fact that Obama rose to political prominence in the city of Chicago tells us that while he may not have originated the message himself, he almost certainly endorses its content.
The Bulls, of course, tip off the NBA season in Miami against the defending champion Heat on Tuesday night.
- PBT Extra: Finals preview, how good are new and improved Cavaliers? 4
- Shaq would take Kobe Bryant over LeBron James because of “killer instinct” 67
- PBT Podcast: NBA Finals breakdown, predictions 3
- Cavaliers rate well when adjusting for playoff rotations. Warriors rate better 1
- LeBron James vs. Stephen Curry: More than meets the eye 18
- Kevin Love on if he plans to play next season for the Cavaliers: “Yes, sir” 27
- Pelicans will play faster, lean on Anthony Davis more under Alvin Gentry 18
- Steve Kerr believes Klay Thompson (concussion) will be ready for start of NBA Finals 9