Oct 28, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
People in the “Denver can again make the playoffs camp” will grant you that Andre Iguodala is gone and Danilo Gallinari will not be back until likely sometime after Thanksgiving, but they say the Nuggets still have a lot from last season’t 57-win team.
Such as Ty Lawson… except they may not have him Wednesday night for the season opener.
Lawson tweaked his groin Friday night against Chicago and that’s an injury which tends to linger. Lawson told the Denver post he may not be ready to go Wednesday when the Nuggets open the season in Sacramento.
“It’s still feeling a little stiff, so I don’t know yet,” Lawson said….
Lawson said he will wait “to see how it feels, see how far I can take it.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Welcome to the world of being a head coach, Brian Shaw.
“I’m still wondering and fantasizing what it will be like when we do have everybody back,” Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said. “I’m starting to really become familiar with this medical terminology, in terms of injuries.”
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 4
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 7
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 15
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 45
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 13