Oct 28, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
People in the “Denver can again make the playoffs camp” will grant you that Andre Iguodala is gone and Danilo Gallinari will not be back until likely sometime after Thanksgiving, but they say the Nuggets still have a lot from last season’t 57-win team.
Such as Ty Lawson… except they may not have him Wednesday night for the season opener.
Lawson tweaked his groin Friday night against Chicago and that’s an injury which tends to linger. Lawson told the Denver post he may not be ready to go Wednesday when the Nuggets open the season in Sacramento.
“It’s still feeling a little stiff, so I don’t know yet,” Lawson said….
Lawson said he will wait “to see how it feels, see how far I can take it.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Welcome to the world of being a head coach, Brian Shaw.
“I’m still wondering and fantasizing what it will be like when we do have everybody back,” Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said. “I’m starting to really become familiar with this medical terminology, in terms of injuries.”
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 30
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 45
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4