Oct 28, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
People in the “Denver can again make the playoffs camp” will grant you that Andre Iguodala is gone and Danilo Gallinari will not be back until likely sometime after Thanksgiving, but they say the Nuggets still have a lot from last season’t 57-win team.
Such as Ty Lawson… except they may not have him Wednesday night for the season opener.
Lawson tweaked his groin Friday night against Chicago and that’s an injury which tends to linger. Lawson told the Denver post he may not be ready to go Wednesday when the Nuggets open the season in Sacramento.
“It’s still feeling a little stiff, so I don’t know yet,” Lawson said….
Lawson said he will wait “to see how it feels, see how far I can take it.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Welcome to the world of being a head coach, Brian Shaw.
“I’m still wondering and fantasizing what it will be like when we do have everybody back,” Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said. “I’m starting to really become familiar with this medical terminology, in terms of injuries.”
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19