Oct 28, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
People in the “Denver can again make the playoffs camp” will grant you that Andre Iguodala is gone and Danilo Gallinari will not be back until likely sometime after Thanksgiving, but they say the Nuggets still have a lot from last season’t 57-win team.
Such as Ty Lawson… except they may not have him Wednesday night for the season opener.
Lawson tweaked his groin Friday night against Chicago and that’s an injury which tends to linger. Lawson told the Denver post he may not be ready to go Wednesday when the Nuggets open the season in Sacramento.
“It’s still feeling a little stiff, so I don’t know yet,” Lawson said….
Lawson said he will wait “to see how it feels, see how far I can take it.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Welcome to the world of being a head coach, Brian Shaw.
“I’m still wondering and fantasizing what it will be like when we do have everybody back,” Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said. “I’m starting to really become familiar with this medical terminology, in terms of injuries.”
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31