Oct 28, 2013, 9:50 AM EDT
People in the “Denver can again make the playoffs camp” will grant you that Andre Iguodala is gone and Danilo Gallinari will not be back until likely sometime after Thanksgiving, but they say the Nuggets still have a lot from last season’t 57-win team.
Such as Ty Lawson… except they may not have him Wednesday night for the season opener.
Lawson tweaked his groin Friday night against Chicago and that’s an injury which tends to linger. Lawson told the Denver post he may not be ready to go Wednesday when the Nuggets open the season in Sacramento.
“It’s still feeling a little stiff, so I don’t know yet,” Lawson said….
Lawson said he will wait “to see how it feels, see how far I can take it.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
Welcome to the world of being a head coach, Brian Shaw.
“I’m still wondering and fantasizing what it will be like when we do have everybody back,” Nuggets coach Brian Shaw said. “I’m starting to really become familiar with this medical terminology, in terms of injuries.”
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3